Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110 Steering

RandyBuxton

I had to cut off the steering wheel from the shaft of my son's B110. I have a replacement steering wheel coming soon. Now I need to know of some way to re-mount it. Is there a bearing or bushing set-up that others have fabricated? I'd like to know the alternatives to what was originally on the steering shaft. Thanks.

I have a shaft, just doesn't have the original bushing or whatever it was (a large plastic piece covering a gear or bushing). I was wondering if anyone has experience with replacing the original bushing piece with something else (not the original piece.) I will use anti-seize with the new wheel. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by RayS
I would check ebay for a replacement shaft. Then use anti seize when installing the steering wheel.

Black plastic spacer. You could always turn a piece of hardwood down to size on a lathe?... or maybe an old lawn mower deck roller?. Just have to drill out the bottom recess for the metal reataining collar thats against the dash.