Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower on e-bay, what does it fit?

midnightpumpkin

This snow blower, Simplicity 1691521 is listed on e-bay and looks like it might go pretty cheap. Any ideas what it would take to mount it on a 7013? I think the 1691521 applies to the head only, I am guessing the hitch he shows with it is for a smaller tractor given that the lift arm seems to be part of the hitch. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/110802391408?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_542wt_1263[/url] I would like to bid on it, if I thought I could adapt it to our 7013. John U

By the hitch/ lift arm tells me for a 4000/6000 but with the correct hitch yes it will work. For that price I would buy it to if it was closer . Hope this helps out

I agree with osenga. The 1691521/2 snowblower heads were used on lots of different tractors with a hitch special to each. And the lift arm isn't part of the hitch, it's just laying behind the hitch; it mounts separate from the hitch, under the tractor in front of the rear wheels. To mount on a 7013, the stock setup is the mechanical front PTO and 2 pulley hitch without clutch (just a spring to supply belt tension). Of course you could use the newer single pulley hitch and the mid PTO as others have done. But some modifications are required to the mid PTO as I understand it. Or you could replace the 7000 series mid PTO with a 7100 series mid PTO; this requires modifying the left side plate or installing a 7100 series side plate to work with the newer style mid PTO.

hitch looks like for newer (wild guess ??'conquest'??)or lighter brand-x. head looks like pretty typical allis simp blower sm01 I know BT had a hitch or can make. for 716allis - i don't know what's different about a 7013, methinks they are similar I'm no expert but that type blower looks pretty standard, needa hitch, maybe(?) a pto. Got the chute spinner handle with. Looks newish, did they come in dark grey? thot they were black - the berco's are black, but these are basically old proven design simps and better built imho. adapt or fab a hitch ?? That's my view.

Sold my clutch and front two pulley hitch. Hitch appears to be for a walk thru Landlord. Do a lookup on 1693500 hitch and a blower will be with it. It'll give you an idea. You would still need front clutch and two pulley hitch.

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
1990's regent, broadmoors and landlords. They painted stuff grey in mid 90's then went back to black.
thx Ray. I meant to mention the 1691xxx mfg tends to indicate 80's traxtors, 7100-900series, but that can vary w attachments. But those tractors ended the front-pto/clutch/pulley, and went to mid-pto. (the setup mentioned above).

quote:
Originally posted by RayS
1990's regent, broadmoors and landlords. They painted stuff grey in mid 90's then went back to black.
I learned something today... been wanting to know that for a while. Thanks!

I believe they started using the 169XXXX numbers right after the 3400 series on the 7000 series probably around 1974 or 1975. The 36" - 42" blowers will fit pretty much anything they made with the correct hitch if the tractor was built to accept a blower.