Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

Cranking Free

MPH
Took a couple fingure warm-ups at -18 but I went out to the shed and robbed a S/G off a 64 gilson with a 14hp Briggs to put on the B-112.

Guess that old one been on borrowed time for some time. Can't barely turn it by hand. May pull it apart and see if maybe it's just the pulley end bearing.

B10Dave
dOddOd Good to see you got it running again Marty. Please keep the minus 18 stuff up your way. We are just a few degrees below freezing with our first significant snow. I may get to use the blower tomorrow for the first time this winter. Dave.

dav
Marty, some of your '''COLD''' escaped. it's been seen heading towards my place near Tampa. we're expecting 29 degrees Wednesday morning. not much of the veggie garden will survive so i guess i'll try to save the flowers and schrubs. and we just had the warmest, and driest, December on record!

MPH
Dav, how far are you from Pencicola? My Navy sun is going there next June for 3 years duty. I might just escape this cold next winter. Likely not common to have in the shed in your area but if yo had some floating row cover like Johhts Seed sells you'd be good down to about 24 for most of your garden. If you get up before the sun and wash it down it should help, or leave the sprigler on all nite

dav
P-cola is a couple hundred miles north and west of me. i dont pay any attention to what the weather girl says about that area as it is on the fringes of the map. but it does get several days of frost a year. so for you it would be a balmy nice winter retreat. right on that i have no row covers. but i do have a lot of plastic sheeting. so i stacked milk crates in the garden, laid poles across them and spread out the plastic. anything covered survived. and a few that weren't covered did, too. cabbages, brocolli, bok choi, and peas. sometimes i need a push to get moving so i thank you for your suggestion of row covers. that got me off my butt and acting. had i done nothing, that's what i would have...nothing