Jump to content

Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Nuzzy

Snow removal as a team sport

Recommended Posts

Nuzzy
It was fun :D Pics taken early on while I was at work. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bPnG6.jpg[/IMG] Coda wondering where all her chickens are... [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/O5gez.jpg[/IMG] The preliminary plowing was done by me driving into the garage. :p [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zh8Fz.jpg[/IMG] Both tractors got ample seat time! [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/GUUmB.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JrEXH.jpg[/IMG] Storm total was around 10-12" depending on wind sweep. I was really happy with the new tractor and blower. It could use some paint or slickening agent in the blower, and I'm worried the Briggs may not be running at full RPM (it felt a bit low on power considering how fluffy the lake effect snow is), but still good enough to do the job!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
Nice tractors! I don't see any wheel weights or stinger weights on the ags---any problem with traction?
I certainly had problems running the ags last year (even with the wheel weights!) when they were on the other tractor. This year I figured I wouldn't be out much by studding them, so I tried it. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Zkrvf.jpg[/IMG] They do seem to be working quite a bit better for me. Eventually I'll do something about weights for this tractor too, but I didn't feel hindered last night. Seems with the blower, weights are less important than with plowing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Nice place you have there. Looks like you get to "get away from it all" just by heading home.
Thanks! That was certainly one of our goals when moving out to rural Michigan after living so long in the congested mess that is the greater Seattle area of Washington! Another goal was snowy winters, so the lake effect is a perfect fit :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
Yeah, you were right in the middle of the heavy stuff this last go round. I'm over by Gun Lake, and we got about 6". I was over between Allegan and Martin doing some tractor part shopping Sunday afternoon, and it was coming down quick! You sure do have a nice lookin place...that porch looks perfect for drinking beer on }:) (Tractors are lookin great too!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Beautiful place. After Seattle you must feel like died and went to heaven. You mustta been a bad boy in 2011 though, looks like your drive is long enough santa should have found you a cab.
You're absolutely right; I need to try much harder in 2012 to be a good boy! 8) Between a couple of driveway sections, the wood trailer parking area, the paths around the house, and the area in front of the chicken coup, I could REALLY use a nice cozy cab!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mowinman2
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
...that porch looks perfect for drinking beer on
Uhhhhh....what porch doesn't?:o)
And Michigan is such a wonderful state for drinking beer in. Jealous of all the micro brews yall have up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by mowinman2
And Michigan is such a wonderful state for drinking beer in. Jealous of all the micro brews yall have up there.
You ain't kidding!! I never really thought Washington was lacking in the micro brew scene... ...until we moved to Michigan :O My mind was blown. It's pure heaven! The Pure Michigan website lists at least 90. Sure some are only so-so, but there are definitely some talented brewers out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by mowinman2
And Michigan is such a wonderful state for drinking beer in. Jealous of all the micro brews yall have up there.
You ain't kidding!! I never really thought Washington was lacking in the micro brew scene... ...until we moved to Michigan :O My mind was blown. It's pure heaven! The Pure Michigan website lists at least 90. Sure some are only so-so, but there are definitely some talented brewers out there.
And let me tell ya...on top of the fantastic bewries we have, when you start getting into the underground home-brew scene, you will never need or want to buy beer at the grocery store again! Nuzz, there's a few pretty good sized home-brew setups in Allegan county. Those boys grow their own grain and hops, their own grapes, tobacco, get their own honey, and on and on... The beer, honey-wine and cigars you make yourself (or you let afriend make) are irrisistable. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen And let me tell ya...on top of the fantastic bewries we have, when you start getting into the underground home-brew scene, you will never need or want to buy beer at the grocery store again! Nuzz, there's a few pretty good sized home-brew setups in Allegan county. Those boys grow their own grain and hops, their own grapes, tobacco, get their own honey, and on and on... The beer, honey-wine and cigars you make yourself (or you let afriend make) are irrisistable. :p
My friend at work has gone headlong into home brewing; I'm almost afraid of picking up another hobby, but at some point I may just have no choice 8):D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mowinman2
My aunt and uncle live in Royal Oak MI. They have 3 breweries in that town, which is very hard for me to comprehend when down here in NC, in the bible belt, beer drinking is frowned upon and something you dont tell your neighbors about. I guess im a black sheep, as I love (good) beer and I would love to get into the homebrewing. We are starting to see a rise in the craft beer community, and its good stuff too, but nothing in comparrison to MI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brettw
Only with a buncha guys like this can you accomplish the incredible. We start with "Snow removal as a team sport" as the title of the thread, and end up with finer points of beer and breweries. I can't tell you how proud I am of you guys, it kinda brings a tear to my eyes.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Only with a buncha guys like this can you accomplish the incredible. We start with "Snow removal as a team sport" as the title of the thread, and end up with finer points of beer and breweries. I can't tell you how proud I am of you guys, it kinda brings a tear to my eyes.......
^^^ Good beer is ALWAYS a pertinent and welcome topic :D hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lampoulos
I'm from Allegan, MI myself and have to say if you're talking about beer in Southwest Michigan you need to get down to Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo to try the "Kalamazoo Stout". I have my family bring it out to me when they come to visit...so good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nuzzy
quote:
Originally posted by lampoulos
I'm from Allegan, MI myself and have to say if you're talking about beer in Southwest Michigan you need to get down to Bells Brewery in Kalamazoo to try the "Kalamazoo Stout". I have my family bring it out to me when they come to visit...so good
Bells and Arcadia are decent, though I find I like Founders, New Holland, Shorts, and North Peak more. Brewery Vivant is doing some great stuff as well, as is Dark Horse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brettw
quote:
I have had enough,I'm taking my 3415h and blower to the local SKI Resort for some Action...
As in snow blowing? Or do you figure that 3415H with a blower is a real chick magnet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talntedmrgreen
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
We start with "Snow removal as a team sport" as the title of the thread, and end up with finer points of beer and breweries.
Brett, that's all we typically have to do around here in a 'normal' January...play in the snow and drink beer! (Now, there are many activities one can partake in while drinking said beer, such as ice fishing, but that's another topic all together as I'm sure you know) :D Nuzz, I've only tried Vavant once, but liked it. Neat establishment, and my wife was able to find a drink she enjoyed too (BIG plus!)...I think it was a blueberry beer or wine, or somethin like that (admittedly, I tasted it and it was good) My favorite is Founders, and Bells has a few brews that I enjoy as well. We used to go into their old brewery between classes when I was in college in GR. They served no food, so you could have stuff delivered there and drink that amazing beer. My GPA probably suffered, but I was able to cope because of the down time. Nice to see them grow and find a following. I really like the little joints off the beaten path that offer a good meal and a half dozen or so house brews. They are not always great, but still neat to find and try. Waldorff in Hastings is my nearest, and is the only Mug Club I have a card for. $3 for a 25 ounce beer of choice....common...that's tough to beat ;) I'm an IPA guy all the way. Love hops, and lots of it. The bitterness keeps me sippin...not a real fan of anythng wheaty or sweet, but there are exceptions. sm00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×