Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SmilinSam

Sundstrand rate of flow

SmilinSam
Whats the flow rate for the Sundstrand hydrostatic pump systems?..probably through the hydraulic lift side. Found a tractor power steering outfit that sells a smaller affordable compact tractor cylinder/control unit all in one that could work on my Deere 314 with the loader. Requires a 1.5 gal per minute flow rate though.

PhanDad
So the charge pump flow is: .33 (in3/rev) x 3600 (rev/min) / 1728 (in3/ft3) x 7.48 (gal/ft3) = 5.14 (gal/min). The above would be for full throttle and a 1 to 1 gearbox to Sundstrand pulley ratio.

D-17_Dave
If your refering to a torque amplifier setup I used this style on my 9020. It works well but not as good as a seperate cylinder/control valve setup like I put on my 620. It has a touch of lag when making real agressive turns so I can outrun the oil flow a little. But 95% of the time it's un noticed. You can likely count on near 2GPM from the charge pump as the hydro will take what it needs to be satisfied. The rest is what the lift circuit gets. A warn out hydro will take nearly all the flow a charge pump can make while a pump in good shape may take less.

HubbardRA
Why not just mount an automobile pump on the engine and hook it directly to the power steering , then you will not even need to worry about the flow from the charge pump.