Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Cab

JimDk

Our deck just after daybreak this morning. 11.5 in. of lake flakes.

First attempt at blowing snow with the 64LL and cab. Almost like summer in there.:)

Very nice dOd...I love the lake-effect snow we get here too off lake michigan. Deep fluffy snow is a blast to blow (with a cab that is)

Looks like fun^. We got about two inches and I couldn't even find a drift worth going through with the blower. I like "Lake Flakes", I have not heard that term before but it gave me a chuckle when I read it, thanks. We are usually good for some lake flakes but the wind was too much from the north this weekend to get it to us. Still lots of winter left though. Thanks for the pictures!

We got about 6" of the lake flakes here, but it was pretty wet and settled, since the ground is still so warm. Lots of wind like up by Greg made for a few nice foot and ahalf drifts. Used the 46" dozer and that stuff peeled away like it wasn't even there. 8) That LL looks great all cabbed-out! Looks beautiful where you're at.

The LL with cab did not get all the action. Here is my A/C-917 doing some clean-up. We live at the mouth of a little valley where Millcreek joins historic Frenchcreek. The valley acts a wind tunnel sometimes. The LL picture shows snow blowing from hemlock trees and creating near white-out conditions. The little peek of sunshine did make a nice contrast.8D

Nice shots, Jim. Passing thru to Indiana to get a rear end for the T-12 tomorrow. No snow here in the east yet.

Bob, Holy-Moly. You are getting serious about fixing that old Homie. Are you going to be taking I-80 west? If you are, I would be glad to meet you at Exit 29 and buy breakfast or lunch. That's the least I can do for getting you into this mess.B)

You guys enjoy your snow,I'll enjoy the warm weather we're having here in Iowa .It was 60deg.yesterday,I split wood in my shirt sleeves,I'll take this to snow anyday. The only problem is Iowa weather has a nasty habit of getting caught up with the yearly snow fall even if you have to get it all at once. At least it's one month less winter.:D

Willy, I agree about the snow. I may look like I'm having fun, but I'd rather be roto-tilling the garden. It is much warmer here, this am. Most of our snow is gone. Thanks for sending the warm air.

Looks like your Landlord has a long road to blow Jim, glad to see you in a cab for doing it. For any one "missing" snow this year maybe you need to load up toys and head to Valdez Alaska, just heard this morning they got 28 inches last night, 256 so far this year, record high is 580 for a season.

Not a long road, Marty. Just a circular drive with two entries on the highway, which the highway dept. loves to fill with snow. That and a parking area in front of a 3 stall garage. I was visiting Valdez about 20 years ago, and asked a dumb question. "Why are the fire hydrant signs 12 ft. in the air?" "Because we get that much snow" was the reply from a full time resident. Ok, but it was hard to get my mind around that. Wow! It was a nice place to visit in the summer, though.

We did kill some pinks. I had a much easier time hanging on to pinks than I did kings a couple of years later in the Kenai. Our son was in the Air Force based at Elmendorf for 10 years, so we got to vist a few times. We loved Alaska. Sorry all. I guess we wandered off tractors, a little.