Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
larry8200

A "Blue" Jewel in the rough.

larry8200
Well, maybe not so rough. Everything works and works well, the Vickers case has been bushed and just seeps a smidgen, starts right up and runs/drives like a top, no smoke at all, even the steering is tight :) Man! I love these old Briggs!! It does need the hydro flushed and the cooler put back in. Has electric lift/PTO, front PTO, and a rear Simplicity lift and mule drive to run a tiller. And the lights work too. Only one problem and this is kind of funny. YEH! He put a new main drive belt on, and its a gates power rated that runs on the bottom of the pulleys instead of up the V like the slightly fatter Simplicity belt would. Anyway it would have been ni biggie EXCEPT it has been very wet, and today it was just 5 with a stiff wind, the tractor was froze to the ground, and the belt slipped before it would break free Suffice to say after 45 minuites I would have killed for a hat! No frostbite though. :) I think it was worth it. After parading around in front of the winter crew, they voted unanimously to keep him.

GLPointon
I cant believe it came with all the extras; Mule drive, pto, e/lift, etc...and under the hood looks in good order too... Congrat's on a good find dOd (I cant wait to get a Homey project tractor...they must be rare in my area, never seen one since on c-list chicago last yr)

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
I think "rough" is appropriate. Now, let the reconstruction begin! We have the technology..........
The technology yes, and I have a Allis built T-16S that I'm considering parting, so I have lots of parts as well. I'm going to make this one nice, but it will probably just get a complete servicing now, then run it for a while.

larry8200
quote:
Originally posted by perry
nice find on the Allis made homelite dOd i dont see them in my area. i have had a couple simplicity made ones.
I hadn't seen any Allis OR Simplicity built Homelites a month ago and now I have two Allis built Homelites, a T-16S and this T-16H. They are the best designed tractor I have seen from the Lexington, SC plant, and by a good margin. I haven't seen a Simplicity built Homelite but as far as I know they are a re-badged Simplicity large frame from Port Washington. I think this T-16H is going to make my favorites, and if not its a keeper for sure. Now to find some attachments! Actually it appears Simplicity FDT tillers will fit, (haven't measured the hitch yet though) and I have a new set of Carlisle Power Tracs on freshly powder coated cadet rims. And I know where I can get a 42" deck.

Sign in to follow this