Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JordB110

Please Help

JordB110
Can some one e-mail or post some pix of a Simp. Front tine tiller? I found an old front tine in my Great Aunt's barn. The tines are orange and the engine is white/cream but I can't find any ID on it. Thanks, Jordan.

FiremanRon
My dad just sold his after 30 years of faithful service. I don't have a picture, but I can describe the back end pretty good from memory. It had a 3 or 3 1/5 hp B&S engine, horizontal shaft, with the rope on the front, and the pulley on the back. There was a short belt that ran down to a gearbox, which transmitted power foward to the tines. The belt was tensioned by squeezing a handle on the handlebar which tightened an idler pulley. The belt would get all frayed from rolling over the idler, but it would still work fine. The engine was in fact ivory colored,and the chassis was orange. The throttle was on the handlebar. The kill switch was a metal tab that grounded the sparkplug.

JordB110
Thanks Ron, That sounds sorta like the tiller. Was the engagement handle on the left side of the handlebar underneath and the throttle on the right? I could not get a good look at the front. Jordan

mowerman1193
I had two of them and both had a I.D. tag on the back by the pulleys.One was covered with grease and I didnt see it until I cleaned it up. mowerman1193