Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
1Litre

Early 80's 7114's value

1Litre
Hi Guys , Help me out please . I have an old customer with two 7114 hydro with 42"decks, manual lift. If they are still garage kept like in the past they are clean and shiny. What are they worth ? I have not found any values on the internet so far. Thanks Ken

Brettw
Welcome to the asylum! If they are truly clean, don't use a bunch of oil and smoke, and are fully functional, in spring with the mower decks I wouldn't be surprised to see them fetch $700-$800. If they are exceptional, maybe even more?

BLT
I don't think I would go for more then $250 to $300 a piece. Even tho they are nice, the do not have any optional equipment worth speaking about. I know they ask a bunch more like in CL, but no one admits to what they really got. That's my two cents worth.

SmilinSam
Well average auction prices on those in good looking good running shape generally run from around $400 to around $800 a unit where Im at in west central illinois. Thats where most of the around 20-30 year old traditional Garden tractor types seem to run in most brands at auction. Seems the closer you get to a $grand the less interest there is. Really depends on the person looking to buy as to which end of the pricing you end up at. Those really are not old enough or unique enough to be classed a "collectors item", so its basically just another lawn mower. Most of the time a decent 914 or 7114 with just a deck will top out at around $500 give or take... Thats my personal expereince of the last 10 years at the consignment auctions anyhow.

Brettw
quote:
I don't think I would go for more then $250 to $300 a piece. Even tho they are nice, the do not have any optional equipment worth speaking about. I know they ask a bunch more like in CL, but no one admits to what they really got. That's my two cents worth.
Bob! 250-300? and then you only give two cents worth at the end? You really are a cheap smack!:D:D

larry8200
I paid $350 for my nice 1980 7112H manual lift with fair 48" mower deck and thought it a great deal, mostly because it was only 5 miles away. This area has been a major Simplicity Consumer since the 60's, and even with the economy and a glut of used tractors here, a nice 7114H would do better than $250-$300. And I freely admit being CHEAP!!! :D

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
quote:
Bob! 250-300? and then you only give two cents worth at the end? You really are a cheap smack!:D:D
Brett, no hydraulic lift, no rear lift mentioned. I'm not that far off. Okay, and now, that's my 3 cents worth he, he.;)

ssmewing
I got one this summer. It has sat outside but works fine. It does use oil. Mine was $200 it also has all the stuff for rear pto. It also had new blades but needed a deck belt. I am in Michigan.

1Litre
Thanks Guys , Two strokes rule ! Lovem ! Steve Bob ,some of the best advice I have received was 2 cents worth . I hear yah. You would think the cost of new tractors and how light the steel is that old tractors would be more valuable by demand, but the younger guys like the quads and side by sides with attachments on them. I would like to see if they can handle the 2 footer we got last Febuary . My neighbor with his (yellow) garden tractor and my Toro CCR 4.5 hp cleaned 5 homes complete . It took all day but we where done walks and all and the one home had a ten foot drift with a Chevy Impala in it. We did not make sweeps threw the night to cut down on accumulation. We hit it after the beast blew threw . Is the ATV market installing snowthrowers ? Ken