Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I cant believe I found this picture

Michiganmobileman

of the Senator tractor I had years ago. I have been slowly going through and tagging the 10,000+ pictures on my laptop and was surprised when I came up with this. It seems like it said "Town & Country" along the top of the hood. Anybody ever see one of these?? [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/June2001MuddyCauseway4.jpg[/IMG] This tractor was pretty strong, it had a three speed and a 16HP Briggs. This picture was taken by my brother and I just emailed him to see if he has any more. I know we did not get our first digital camera until August 2001 and I do not have any of this tractor. This was taken where we live now, shortly after we bought the land, we had a few issues with the driveway when we first started using it regular. There is a picture somewhere from the day I buried my Ford work van up to the axles in the middle of the drive. Did not have a fun time that weekend.

From pig slop to simplicity grading. Looks like a peet driveway.Nice stocky tough looking tractor. So van was stuck did the tractor pull tru it?

quote:
Originally posted by Hydro-Manic
From pig slop to simplicity grading. Looks like a peet driveway.Nice stocky tough looking tractor. So van was stuck did the tractor pull tru it?
Yep a nice strong base of peet and marl....NOT. Took two 4WD Chevys to pull the van out.

THAT AIN'T PEET! Anyone can tell by the date on the picture that it's permafrost melting!!:D:D:D

sounds like my long driveway when we were building our house. got so bad i had to shuttle workers back and forth with my old 4X4 bronco. cool lookin tractor.

The grill and headlights and where you position your feet really remind me of an old Jacobson built mower. I think they had a model called the Town and Country. I kinda think it might have been with the Oliver badge on it. Im not sure though.

Yeh, I think mud stopped being fun around 10-12 or so... Neat old tractor, never seen one. Nice picture. Who's that on it???

quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Yeh, I think mud stopped being fun around 10-12 or so... Neat old tractor, never seen one. Nice picture. Who's that on it???
That be me driving it. Heres a pic of my brother driving his Jacobsen, I was delegated to be ballast and apparently did not want anyone to know it was me. I know the Senator was NOT a Jacobsen product, quite a difference in the two when side by side. [IMG]http://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k576/michiganmobileman/Jul8th04PrepforSeedingLawn1.jpg[/IMG]