Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B110 ignition/kill switch

RandyBuxton

Need to replace the ignition (key)switch on my boy's B110 project. He bought a two wire ignition switch from the auto parts store but I'm not sure this would work correctly. When in the 'on' position there is continuity between both wires/terminals of the switch. I've looked at a few wiring diagrams and can't quite figure out how the key/ignition switch is supposed to function as a kill switch in the B110. There is also a push button starter switch. If anyone can advise me how the key/ignition switch is supposed to function that would be great. Thanks.

Randy. You need a switch which is closed in the off position and open in the run position. With the magneto ignition on a ten HP Briggs the switch grounds the mag when in off position. Dave

These switches are available through the Simplicity dealer. They are made by Strattec, which is a division of Briggs. They even have "coded' keys as opposed to the old style "Indak". Here's the kicker, pun intended. I put one of these on my 2110. I have since kicked both of the keys clean off the switch while getting onto the tractor by throwing my foot between the seat and dash. On the 2210s and up, they recessed the switch mount.:O:O I left the last broken key in the ignition, and now I sorta pinch the keyhole with my thumb and fingernail to turn the key.sm00sm00

My 2110 had the key broken off in the switch when I bought it. Probably the same thing happening. I was lucky enough to fish it out, and have a new key made for it.

I rewired mine to an Indak battery style so I could wire in my headlight switch. I kept on forgetting to turn implement light when the red travel light is on. Now when I turn off switch all goes dark.:D