Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

914 diesel custom build ( done )

s_stephen

I had a few 900 series parts tractors luying around so i decided to build somthing unique. here is what i have so far

here i have streched the frame 3 1/4" and added engine mounts and set in the kubota d600 diesel engine.

I am adding power stearing from a sunstar

and I have streched the hood and 3 1/4" and i am putting a cowel on it like the b-110 and b-112

• 1 month later...
here is an update on the 914. I got the fenders painted and striped, also got the radiator mounted and hood fab finished.

I will have more pics at the end of the week the frame will be painted and trans will be installed.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
Good contrast in the colors
Always been a fan of black & orange - Halloween is my birthday

That really looks great! I like the console you built into the hood. For a moment, I thought it was Chicago Bears colors until I read the message closer. :D
quote:
Originally posted by s_stephen
here is an update on the 914. I got the fenders painted and striped, also got the radiator mounted and hood fab finished.
[img]/club2/attach/s_stephen/2012-01-31 13.55.38.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/s_stephen/2012-01-31 17.07.20.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/s_stephen/2012-02-03 10.20.09.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/s_stephen/2012-02-07 17.08.43.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/s_stephen/2012-02-07 17.07.14.jpg[/img]
I will have more pics at the end of the week the frame will be painted and trans will be installed.

Sweet! You'll love it with the Kubota engine! Will be one great looking and running Tractor when your done with it. And I love the B hood cover on it!

I made some more progress over the week. I got the engine, radiator, and trans painted and the frame mods finished and in primer.

Turn the hood cover around and make an intake scoop for a 671 GM blower ! LOL All kidding aside, you seem to have done what I have wanted to do for a good many years. I bet that diesel will be the perfect match for that machine. I can't tell from the pics, did you move the front axle forward or just extend the frame in front of the axle ?

i actually cut and extended the frame at the back of the plate that the factory engine bolts didnt move the axel itself but the wholw front of the tractor. the extension is right under the oil filter on the kubota diesel in the above pic.

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Is this the one you were going to hang the 60" deck under?
my 920 diesel is the one I was going to put the 60" deck under. however I took the front axle that I stretched off of the 920 and put on this one so I can put a 60" deck under it if I get a hold of one.

quote:
Originally posted by s_stephen
I got the frame painted and bolted back to the trans and set the engine back in the tractor today.

Reminds me of those black Case Demonstrator farm tractors built in 70's. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cieV2SE9DPQ Always liked the looks of that tractor and I think this one is going to go right up there w/me as well.