Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Red, but not Simplicity question

OrangeMetalGuy
Anyone have Wheel Horse B100 tractor? One for sale with a 10hp engine and 36" deck, hydro trans, for $800. Can probably talk them down some. My gut tells me these are pretty good tractors, is that right? Is the B100 about the equivalent of a Large-Frame Simplicity or Allis?

SmilinSam
The C series, like the C-100, C-120, C-160 were more the equivalent of the Simplicity/Allis large frames. The B series were about the same size framewise but I think were limited to using 8 and 10 hp engines. They also if I remember right had shorter narrower rear tires. I dont ever remember seeing a hydrostatic B series. $800 seems quite high for one of those unless its absolutely immaculate and has more attachments than just a mower deck and blade. Theres a decent gear drive one here in the local sale listings being offered with deck & blade for $400.

boox
I have a C 125, 1984 edition that is a helluva tractor. Good power, 6 speeds, rear discharge deck. Around here other accessories are extremely hard to find which is why I got into AC and Simplicity. They did build a 16 HP in that model also. It's the back up mower and also does a good job on the pasture. Boox

perry
kinda pricey. i had a B-100 hydro. they where ,made for 2yrs. 1974-75. it's pretty much the same as a C-100. the decks are usaully cracked/rotted out. and they dont mow very good anyway. they are heavy duty tractors but wont out work a SIM/AC.