Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
cyclone700

Price range for AC B-112

cyclone700
What is a reasonable price range for a B-112 with original lights with a 42" mower, 32" tiller, and 42" dozer blade? The tractor is in probably average condition for it's age and appears to be complete. It hasn't ran in two years, but was running when parked. What problem areas should I check out? Any help would be appreciated.

DoubleT
I.. err.. umm... I wont embarass myself by saying what I gave for mine :^) But basically check all wear areas (anything that moves against anything else) Check slop in gear boxes. Mine I found to have the keyway of the input shaft of transmission wollered out, gear stripped in bevel box, and vari-drive linkage well worn. I haven't looked any farther.

MPH
I paid 200 hundred for a pickup load that I got a mostly B112 out of with mostly two blowers, 42 in blade and some of a 48 and 42 inch deck plus parts of a B10...MPH

Kent
Things I would check: Water in gas tank, carb. etc. Make sure float in carb. is working. Clean both high speed and low speed needle valves and seats. When you put them back in turn by hand clear in and back out 1 1/2 turns. It should run. Then, fine adjust the high speed with engine running fast and low speed at idle. Install NEW SPARK PLUG and check the spark. You might have to take engine cover off and clean the fly wheel breakers to coil. Check all belts, fluid levels, bearings and idlers. This should be enough to tell if it's runnable. Otherwise you will have to get "problem specific".. Good Luck, Marion W. Kerr