Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Brettw

Rotator and wiring, Cab update

Brettw
Well, the rotator is finally mounted and wired. Thanks to good ol' Maynard (rest his soul) I had a great wiring diagram to follow. I put all the wiring in a protective sheath and shrink wrapped all the connections and ends. This is set up to unplug the connection right off of the motor assembly, and then disconnect the power lead from the tractor. There is a plug hanging by the rotator switch that will go to the cab top, wiper, dome light, rear lights, strobe, fan. BTW the date on the camera is incorrect. These were taken 1/7/12. I figured the cab was old, but not 42 years worth.

The cover for the rotator is a bit crude, fabbed here without the aid of a break, but it will shield the rotator from most of the snow and slush.

I thought this was kind of interesting. Wiper motor, Bosch USA manufacture date of 01/09/1970.

JohnMBerst
Nice variation on the chute turner. One thing I did was add a bleach bottle liner between the chute and blower, and boy it sure spins easy now. While I build my electric turner, and wait for snow, I enjoy reading all of the "improvements" people have added. Fun to share and read. Found a motor, but not quite right for what I need. The hunt is a good part of the fun... ;)

Brettw
Yes, it's something different. Thanks to BLT, we have a chance to experiment. It works excellent, but I wonder how durable it will be. I can always go back to the "standard" setup, I got a motor from Bob for that too. Time will tell!

GLPointon
Nice work Brett dOd I like the switch panel, its large enough so you can add more switches as needed? That is an awsome cab! FYI; watch your rotator wire, it looks like it may be it the exhaust flow...

Brettw
quote:
FYI; watch your rotator wire, it looks like it may be it the exhaust flow...
I had to look myself after seeing the photos! It's an optical illusion in the pic. Wire is fine. Rod, that was a test photo, I was having issues with the original post photos. I did figure it out. But thanks!

Brettw
OK gents, a few observations now that I am up and running. I do need a fan for the windshield, it's fine until it gets good and cold. Wiper? Would be nice but no real issues yet. And be aware! A fiberglass cab is like sitting inside of a bass drum. I would have thought a cab would be much quieter. Not. Not. Not. Realized how important the headlights are, as one quit working. Burned out? Loose connection? Not sure yet, but with a fogged windshield, one bad headlight, and powdery snow all over the place we may be a few less neighborhood Bratleys and Snotleys short come bed check. :O:D

BLT
Stuff like this is in farm tractor cabs and not real heavy. http://www.cabinsulation.com/ But don't know how much surface you have to mount it. Farm and Barn in Watertown might have some.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PhanDad
    • rokon2813
    • tripleguy
    • Brettw
    • smalljob
    • SmilinSam
    • GregB
    • Zoomie91
    • jlasater
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts