Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vickers Hydro

rfsmith1952

I travelled from Eastern PA to Eastern IN to pick up a complete rear end for my T-12. Nathan Gale is a club member and sold me the item. He's a good guy, and a fair man. His shop is a three car garage, with a lift!

Thanks again, Nathan. I never swapped one out before, but it doesn't look that hard. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks, Bob

Yup, I took a dozer from him a few weeks back. Stand up guy! I love that Vickers...and spied one on a rack at my local graveyard yesterday. The wheels are already turning in my mind ;)

Congrats Big Time!!! and Yes Nate is a good guy, I bought something from him and he delivered it many miles and threw in a bunch of extras too dOd

Which transmission am I thinking of that has the canister reservoir (about the size of a tennis ball can) with the nylock nut holding the cover on? That is what I remember of a Vickers on our tractors in the 70's. Am I on the wrong track? The trans above I am not sure I recognize as a Vickers?

Brett, you're correct, and the tranny above is the same minus the resevoir, cooler and fan cover.

quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen
Brett, you're correct, and the tranny above is the same minus the resevoir, cooler and fan cover.
yup

quote:
the tranny above is the same minus the resevoir, cooler and fan cover.
That makes sense. I wondered if maybe it was just missing some parts. Thanks.

It is a vickers minus the oil reservoir and fan shroud. You need to find the shroud to cool the pump and as a shield to cover the fan .

Shroud was included. Nathan needed the reservoir and cooler for his project, and I will use those two parts from my original T-12 Vickers.

its been a while since ive been on the web page. A sincere thank you for the kind words. It really means a lot. Its been great meeting so many people and helping others with their projects while getting help on my own stuff. Thanks again, truly nathan

• Who's Online (See full list)

• airgunner
    • mbsengineer
    • BLT
    • bsadler
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts