Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Leather or vinyl seat cover source

OrangeMetalGuy

Hi, the seat on my 716H (pic attached) is structurally sound but the vinyl is cracking. I'd like to find a good cover to put on it that will protect the foam and give me a few years of service. Any sources for a cover for this seat (I know it's a replacement and not OEM).

I had an Ingersoll Loader that had that seat on it. I believe you can get a decent copy of that seat thats probably about 75 bucks. Check Ebay and you should find it.

The sock type covers are pretty easy to find at Sears or Tractor Supply. For that frame style seat, if you wanted to have the vynil redone, you may be better off replacing since replacements are fairly reasonably priced.

well, while you are working on all that, black duct tape - works well on my original 716H seat, to repair or preserve, and looks great beyond 10 feet. 8) The original seat is way too comfy - I don't want a new seat. Besides, I can't get the old one off! :D 'cept w a grinder.