Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

$40,000 Lawnmower

rokon2813

I think Not!!

http://oldmowerparts.com/A.-J.-Foyt-Bolens-Limited-Signature-Edition-Tractor-1987-New-Mint-Museum-Quality-14HP-Hydrostatic--P1847995.aspx

Looks very nice, but are they serious????:O for that price it should come with a fully stocked workshop to put it in. Its not even a "Garden Tractor" and wrong brand too...;)

You got to be smokin' some serious ganja Mon to be payin'that kind a money! Holy cow Mon, what were you thinkin'! Does it come with a gardener for a year or two?

410K must have lost some serious funds. Even with a change of the decimal point, still too high. But as Brett points out, that might be the source of the listing.

The old ad in the pictures they show the price new back in 1987 which was 3999.00. They would be lucky to get that for it now let alone a few hundred greenbacks.

I wonder if the clutch lining material they have on that page could be used to reline a simplicity cone clutch? The angle looks correct. http://oldmowerparts.com/Sears-Craftsman-Magna-MTD-Tiller-Clutch-Lining-503069-627422-USED-P1337912.aspx

LOL I knew this would get a few responses. :D This all started from a craigs list ad for a used one with deck blower and cab. The guy said you could buy his for 1300 or a new one for 40,000 :O

What good is a tractor you just look at and can't use or have to worry it will get a scratch. The joy of restoring an old tractor is getting to work and using it when your done. Same goes for cars and boats I restored with my friends when I had more time. No show pieces for me! Moleman

Who is to say that 25 years ago, MTD (the present owner), wasn't already making them before the take over. However you slice it, dice it, and or cube it's still an MTD to me.