Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DanD

My Sovereign

DanD
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Awesome machine. I take it it came with a blown triad?
No. The Triad actually ran quite well. I found it to be quiet, smooth and powerful. However, instead of waiting for the Triad to blow up (I got this tractor in October 2010) I listed the engine for sale and a guy came and bought it. I then put some money away and got the Command kit from Al. Maybe the Triad would have run forever. Who knows? But, now I have a very late Sovereign with power steering and hydraulic lift and a brand new Command with a build date of 8/16/2011 on the tag. Should be set for a LONG time now I hope. Hopefully I increased the value of my tractor, too!

RayS
Looks great! I am sure you will be pleased. I know I am with the one in my Prestige. Makes me wonder about these Triads that have lasted 13 - 15 years. May have to keep my eyes open for one.

DanD
quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Very nice conversion, I'm sure it'll last you a long time. Do you still have your 7016? The 7000 series frame size is still my favorite.
I still have my 7016. I don't have a real big lawn to mow nor a huge driveway to clear of snow, but I have two tractors with 48" decks and two snowblowers and hitches! I overhauled the Briggs engine in my 7016 a few years back and it runs like new, so I should be set for garden tractors for many years!

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Scott Salmons
    • mikeman
    • Jimmybeam01
    • Cityboy
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts