Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DanD

My Sovereign

DanD
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200
Awesome machine. I take it it came with a blown triad?
No. The Triad actually ran quite well. I found it to be quiet, smooth and powerful. However, instead of waiting for the Triad to blow up (I got this tractor in October 2010) I listed the engine for sale and a guy came and bought it. I then put some money away and got the Command kit from Al. Maybe the Triad would have run forever. Who knows? But, now I have a very late Sovereign with power steering and hydraulic lift and a brand new Command with a build date of 8/16/2011 on the tag. Should be set for a LONG time now I hope. Hopefully I increased the value of my tractor, too!

RayS
Looks great! I am sure you will be pleased. I know I am with the one in my Prestige. Makes me wonder about these Triads that have lasted 13 - 15 years. May have to keep my eyes open for one.

DanD
quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Very nice conversion, I'm sure it'll last you a long time. Do you still have your 7016? The 7000 series frame size is still my favorite.
I still have my 7016. I don't have a real big lawn to mow nor a huge driveway to clear of snow, but I have two tractors with 48" decks and two snowblowers and hitches! I overhauled the Briggs engine in my 7016 a few years back and it runs like new, so I should be set for garden tractors for many years!

Sign in to follow this