Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Source for replacement S/G brushes?

larry8200

I'm looking for a source for high quality S/G brushes. My local Simplicity dealer has a source but they are a very "soft" brush and expensive, and wear fast I believe the original brushes were "hard" by brush standards.

Thanks fo that delco number, I didn't have it. I saw this link but have no way to tell the quality... http://www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.cgi?usr=50X43667&rnd=5516782&rrc=N&cip=50.32.10.68&pg=prod&ref=CU_Strt%2FGenKit&cat=cushman_electrical

Larry I found this on Ebay. [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cub-Cadet-Starter-Generator-Kit-Kohler-/170746297599?pt=BI_Books_Manuals&hash=item27c145bcff[/url]

The S/G for a Cub Cadet turn counter-clockwise, and I think but not sure, since the brushes ride on the commutator at an angle and not perpendicular that Cadet brushes would be backwards? Sorry I dont have a better picture.

quote:
Originally posted by BLT
.... They are asymmetrical. It's all in the field coils and armatures.
I know that, but I would have guessed that the wires on a counterclockwise S/G would be on adjacent corners or opposite sides?

standard ignition part # rx 110 or wells rx 104 are good brush sets an auto parts dealer can order them you will most likley have to try a mom and pop store

Hi, We stock them. As was mentioned they are the same size as Delco generator brushes. However, they are a little harder and have a little copper, sometimes not enough to see to make them handle the extra current in start mode without the voltage drop you would see with regular generator brushes. Al Eden