Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Rear & Front Weight Bracket (updated)

RayS

Since there is no snow (don`t really care if we get any) and I had nothing else to do. I decided to make me a rear weight bracket for a weight I got from a friend. I have the material cut out to make one for the front as well. It weighs 95 pounds plus the bracket and I have several donut weights that I can add one if needed and plan to weld another piece of steel to the bracket below so I can add a couple suit case weights if needed. Now I can get rid of my wheel weights.

These weights are available at Lowes for $49.99 and are the same as the John Deere weights minus the deere logo.:D They are 43 pounds each. I need to find my own horizontal band saw but as long as that factory I work at is in business I probably will keep using theres.

Bolted this bracket to a old snowblower hitch.

Very cool Ray! When I looked at my gernerator bracket, I thought along the same lines. It makes a nice base for hanging weight. I didn't have much in the way of scrap steel around, and don't have the tools you do, but came up with this for a few 20# suitcase weights I had but couldn't use. [img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0910.jpg[/img] [img]http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff512/talntedmrgreen/IMAG0913.jpg[/img] You sure do nice work...I need myself a welding setup, and a decent means of cutting steel. ;)

Ray, You are the fab man. I knew you'd build a great weight carrier, better than the OEM Simplicity ones.

IF you time it right, the weights are even cheaper when they mark them down at the end of the season :D, got 4 of them like that last year. Any place that sells MTD products may have them.

Thanks Greg for letting me know that. Bill, I doubt it is better than Simplicity, but I have less than 10 dollars in everything. That is alot better on the wallet.

monster black. They are on Lowes website. When I went to there store the guy that worked in that department could not find them either, but I found them after looking for a little while.

Here's one I made for the Sunstar this past summer. It can hold up to 6 of the Simplicity 50 lb. suitcase weights with multiple racking options.