Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

To see the light

Brettw

Well, some of you may or may not have been following the hard cab installation I have been up to. Tonight I decided to add a rear light to the setup, so as to be able to see clearly when backing up. In order to do this, I had to remove the cab to get under the seat and route wires, etc. The cab is actually easy to remove. After pulling the hinge pins and the doors, one person can remove the cab, it is fairly light (a benefit of fiberglass). As the project progressed however, a few things took place. Routing the wire took multiple trips under the tractor. Half way through all of this, I decided I would attempt to rapidly depress the clutch pedal with my forehead. I never knew I was so fluent in French. Most people would go for stitches, however I chose to 1) complete the project instead out of shear cussed stubbornness, 2) save the few hundred in medical costs to keep the real cost of this hard cab project under the $25,000.00 it is rapidly approaching, and 3) forever have a reminder of this cab project every time I look in the mirror. So, next I get done with the wiring and it is time to reinstall the cab. Although light, I had painted a few of the rear mounting brackets and was trying to keep from touching the still slightly tacky paint. A little off balance, and a little careless and "snap", off goes the brand new spout rotator switch. More French. Fortunately, the switch is easy to replace and inexpensive, just like me if I were an employee at this point. The moral of the story is: We will go a long way to see the light. The sacrifices we make to get there are never easy, but in the end it is all worth it (I will tell myself this until the day I croak). And lastly, learning a new language is not as difficult as one might think. P.S. I apologize to all who make a living on snowfall. As soon as I purchased the cab and undertook the project, I am quite sure I became personally responsible for the lack of snow. If I had not purchased, and had no cab, I am quite sure I would already have been hospitalized with frost bite and heart failure trying to remove the 8 feet or more of snow we would have surely gotten, in December alone.

"learning a new language is not as difficult as one might think." I have known that, I may have even created one or two new ones...

:O:O:D:D Brett; all I can say is you have a very good command of the English language and a great sense of humor. Dave

So we now have identified the reason for no snow in SE Wisconsin. But I do hope you have a chance to try it out this "winter", or perhaps as a summer sauna complete with window shades for changing into swim trunks for the pool. Great post, as I had to wipe my eyes twice. Not sure if laughing or crying.......but sure enjoyed. Thanks;)

I never knew I was so fluent in French. When I try to pass off what I say when things don't go right as French.my wife quickly recognizes it as improper English. I can' get by with anything.:D Glad you have your cab installed,I don't need the snow. I know you will enjoy it.

My wife started her naive career as a secretary in the trucking dispatch shack of Kroger when it had a Wisconsin division. Whenever I have a new word to spit out, she reminds by saying, "I remember that when I was at at Kroger".:D

Looks like it's coming. http://www.weather.com/?par=yahoo&site=www.yahoo.com&promo=masthead&cm_ven=Yahoo&cm_cat=www.yahoo.com&cm_pla=weatherpage&cm_ite=HomePage

quote:
I want pictures (of your face)
:o) You can see my face come the second week of February at the bull session.:D

So by trying to expand your education, you decided to take a lesson on "Law" from Mr. "Murphy"??? cop Glad you survived the class.sm01

Yes, Mr. Murphy did give me a quick lesson. Fortunately he didn't stay for a complete seminar, but his brief class was more than enough for one evening. }:)

Ronald Hribar
And now for the rest of the story Brett's cab is operational How do I know ? He cleaned my daughters driveway. Thanks Brett !!!

You are welcome, Ron, but perhaps I should thank your daughter. (and 4 other neighbors) More play time for me!dOd The shakedown cruise went well. I can see a few areas of reinforcement that need to take place, but the spout rotator worked great, and when there was a "whiteout", I stayed warm and dry. I'm likin' this cab thing!:D:D Now back out to clean up this morning.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• s_stephen
    • Austinp6896Z
    • TheFlash300
    • PhanDad
    • Darl Swartz
    • AC710
    • SmilinSam
    • HisName109
    • Brettw
    • Mach1martysr
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Thanks for well wishes; I'm back! Been working to restore credit card member pay option and remove badges w/o success. So, calling in the tech for help to get er done. 

· 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

I am having ankle replacement surgery Monday 4/8 and will be away from ST business for a few days till the drugs clear out. Keep reviewing ST and let us know challenges and suggested revisions. gw
      · 3 replies
  • Adverts