Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 917H Paint Color

MikeSMN

I'm a little challenged with colors - was the 900 series painted AC Corporate Orange or Simplicity Deep Orange? Looking to do a little touch up... Thanks.

According to two AGCO Allis dealers that I bought paint from they say it is corprate orange and that is what I bought to paint mine this summer.

Thanks Ray. Guess I'll have to educate my Agco / Simplicity dealer along with myself! He sent me home with Simplicity Deep Orange - it looks a bit darker than the Corporate Orange.

Corporate orange is the color of the Ag Tractors. The 700/900 series ACs were originally Powder Orange (Simplicity part #1685591 for quarts of enamel, #1685581 for spray can). I think that it is still available. Powder Orange is slightly different than Corporate Orange. Deep Orange was used on the Simplicity tractors (has more red in it). Part #1685612 for quart and #1685611 for spray can. I know that Deep Orange was used on the 1973 3400 series, and I believe it started with the 1971 3300 tractors.

MikeSMN, So there is another tractor nut around my parts! Looks like things are looking up. I have a 917 too. Its a work in progress but I sure like it so far. I will be using the paint info from here when I get the bugs all worked out, KT17 is one of those fill the oil and check the gas units!!

Ray & Mike, Thanks much - very helpful info. I'm going on a hunt for some "Simplicity Orange"! tweinke - Looks like we are nearly neighbors! Would like to hear more about your 917 or maybe some photos! I've got the mower deck in the shop now for some clean up - helps pass the time on the cold winter evenings. Out KT's sound like twins (pun intended)! I'm 2nd owner (father in laws machine - he moved to town and bought a green one!); he got quite a few hours out of that motor, but it got to where it needed some expensive attention (including many quarts of oil); thought we would repower and get the KT to someone with skills to rebuild it - sounds like it's going into a 912.