Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
littlemarv

Saved from the scrapyard

littlemarv
Saved these two (well, 1 3/4 anyways) from going to the scrapyard. Its a bitter 48 degrees in mid January in WI so I braved the elements and took some pictures.

Do I read right on simpletractors that the B-1 was only made in 1962? It says 8 HP on the engine but I can't find any numbers stamped on the tin to I.D. it- is there somewhere else I should look?

The tag on the B-1 says 1749-A8 I think. Does this mean anything to anybody?

The tag on the B-10 rolling chassis says 054759 Does that mean anything? Whats the difference between an "early" B-10 and a late one other than the bee graphics? Can I even get parts for the engine in the B-1? I think this one will require a complete teardown- the engine turns but the starter generator is siezed. I have no history on this one but ironically enough, once I grabbed my channellocks and got the gas cap off, the tank is brand new inside. Hard to believe but I'll take it as it comes. Sorry to ask so many questions but the more I learn about these tractors the more I want to know......

D-17_Dave
The engine should be a 7 or 7.25 HP engine. Looks like ithas had an engine swap at some time in it's life. If a restoration is in your plans then a correct engine can be found and installed. I'm sure someone has one lying around in running condition. You'll need to get it apart and check out the model numbers to confirm.

Talntedmrgreen
Great save! That B-1 looks pretty nice. The original 7.25hp engine would have been a model 19, and it's the only engine they used in the B-1's. It would be easily identifiable by the serial number tag on the front of the engine. It's a plate mounted to the shroud.

perry
could have had the shroud changed. a 8hp is a model 20. i have had a few of them on old gilson/wards tractors. they look pretty much like a model 19 and same size. the tag should be on the sheet metal that wraps around the head.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• smalljob
    • dav-1
    • MMartineau44
    • Brettw
    • lt-scir
  • Today's Birthdays

1. sandyhillbill
      sandyhillbill
      (81 years old)
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts