Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Something is really wrong if you're not ready.

timflury

I'm ready but not home. It's a good thing I check out the tractor Sunday before I left. The chain came lose on one wheel and the wife would not have been able to use the tractor. Now I can only hope she doesn't flood it. Dave

It WILL snow in the north east this weekend for sure. I am making a trip up that way. Last time I came up there y'all had a blizzard :D:D:D Bill, you folks down that way just need to pay me to drive down I guess....:O:O

Nope...not ready hereXX( Was ready.... Then last weekend I took the cab off, and tore the tractor apart to put power steering on it:o) Fixed a bunch of little things I been meaning to fix while it was apart too. Got it together, but have to run it yet tonight after work and hope theres no leaks and everything works. If it checks OK, I'll pitch the cab back on and hopefully be ready by morning. Dealer still hasnt got my chute flap actuator in yet, so I'll have to do without that for the time being.

they have only been calling for a couple inches here in SE michigan. i see on the map we are in the dark grey 1"-2" area. kinda wish we where in the purple :D

Its 47 here in Grand Rapids MI and my lawn is turning green I am thinking about cutting my grass this afternoon just to make my neighbors think that I am crazy.Then put the plow and chains back on.

OK been tooooooo ready for this. Wife works for the post office doing rural delivery, so good year for them so far, not for seat time. Looking to try the "improvements" this year, and see how we do. But how may times can you wax the fiberglass cab top, Armour All the sides, spray the blower with wax, check the oil, and make sure the new lights work, check the gas, and just look at the tractor. As many times as I do projects in the out building. 2-3 times per week. Neighbors drive ways better look out.....plan to make up for some lost time. :p

This year I had the carbs done on both snowmobiles I have a great working snowblower at the flowershop 6 ft blade on the 916 and it's running sweet My best buddy bought a new 4600 plow it ain't gonna snow and I don't mind I just want the lakes to make more ice so we can drive on them

quote:
Originally posted by brockway
Its 47 here in Grand Rapids MI and my lawn is turning green I am thinking about cutting my grass this afternoon just to make my neighbors think that I am crazy.Then put the plow and chains back on.
It's so sad...BUT, I did get a lot of chores done that would have been a PITA if it was snowing and blowing. Now I'm just waitin... We'll see how wrong the weather guru's are. They call for 6-10, but we'll get 2" or 15". Either way, Friday the roads will be swarming with idiots sm00

My tractors have been ready since november......I started up all four tractors two days ago. I have been working on a few push lawnmowers & a few tractors too sell this year. Karl

Just about to head out in the garage and fix some headlight issues on both tractors; would be nice to see while clearing tomorrow night if need be. :D

I'm real ready BUT: Looks like 6-8 followed by sleet and freezing rain tomorrow evening/night. Lucky me, I'm going to hibernate till Friday morning. :D

7117 with cab and 42" blower ready, yammi snowblower ready, simplicity single stage ready, 2 stage simplicity ready. Now if I had 3 helpers a couple swipes and I'd be done!!!! I can hardly wait!!

quote:
Originally posted by brockway
Yeah, down here south of Hastings MI same way..did some yard clean up today and noticed some of the flowers in the flower beds are coming up, LOL...They are going to get a surprise in the next couple days, LOL Kevin