Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DaveM

7000 series snow thrower/ Mid PTO

DaveM
I have a 7018 Simplicity with a 36" snow thrower (1690033). I'd like to run it off of the mid PTO. I have the single pulley hitch with the included belt, but the belt is too long. I realize that this tractor/thrower setup was meant to be run off of the front PTO. Can I use the mid PTO and, if so, what length belt do I need? Are there any other adjustments that I need to make?

TimJr
Seems like you need the mid PTO idler stuff/LH frame plate off a 7100 series to make it work, then figure out your belt length. Isn't the fixed V- idler on a 7000 series just bolted in one hole? The 7100 series V-idler is in a slot, to adjust tension. Tim

msiebern
Although they are not made to run off of a 7000 series center pto, some have reported some success, but the alignment is not perfect and the belts do tend to wear quicker. Here is a good read on the subject and how one of our previous members solved the problem. [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm[/url]