Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TimJr

5010 Broadmoor lights

TimJr
Hi all, I have not looked into an old parts breakdown, but was wondering if anyone has an original 5008/5010 Broadmoor with factory headlights. Got pics? I know the 5010LTD had light pods that mounted on the side of the grill, but were there lights for the regular version? What type of bulb did the 5010LTD use - were they like the 3410/early 7000 series 4 bulb side mounts? Thanks, Tim

mowerman1193
I used to own a 5010LTD..I cannot say what type of bulbs was in it as I never took the bulbs out..I can say that looking through the lens they resembled a tail light style bulb in the older cars like a 1157? I think they was brighter than a standard 1157 type bulb though.. On the regular models that I seen had lights on it that to me resembled the guide lights that the older ones ( 728 ) used..But I am not sure the ones I had seen was factory or not.. Sure do wish I had not sold the old 5010LTD..and many of the others I had owned.. Kevin

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by TomSchmit
I see a 42" mower deck with the special mountings for a 5010 on Craigslist here in Milwaukee ... for anyone looking! Tom
That is probably a somewhat rare find..I looked for the 3 years I owned mine for the 42" deck..I am sure I would still own the tractor if I had found the larger deck.. Kevin

BLT
The mowers decks are the same as the large frames of that era. All you needed to do is get the hitch arms. I bought a 5010 a while back for the 42" deck, had the hitch arms for large frame and it was like new., I also had a 36" Broadmoor deck that I use 90% of the time now with the 5010. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8bwM0rE3Cwa5kbp796Dq