Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 410S Restoration.......Final Pics & Cost Totals

GLPointon

Thanks Tom, these are the only 2 decals I found on the Kohler and was able to save them both...I dont know if any are missing, if so I hope somebody can show me & I'll find one
quote:
Originally posted by TomMaryland
Nice Greg. I'm going to do the engine on my 2110 this spring. What are you doing for your engine decals?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GLPointon

• sammiefish

• TomMaryland

• HubbardRA

I applied the big dash decal on the metal dash plate that had the factory markings silkscreened on it. I scrached up the steering shaft putting the dash bracket on (I'll touch it up)

I'm adding all the options I can, including an Hour meter & switches for Head/tail light kit & future Electric Lift. Also a Cigar lighter offered as a OEM option.(maybe I'll charge my cell phone with it)

Greg your shots are getting to think I should try my hand on Lyndseys 16hp. Youre making it look easy! I think maybe if I don't try to remove the piston, valves etc...and take lots of pictures---maybe I can get through it and not screw anything up..just replace seals/gaskets. There is a talent involved to take the right image and pen the right caption to clearly demonstrate a technique or procedure. We create maintenance manuals at my company and I recognize your ability to do this!! Really nice!

Thanks Steve, I sometimes think I'm more editor because you only see 1/3 of the pics I take. I only post the ones that make my point without alot of repetitive shots of the same thing... How cool8D What manuals do you make? like Chilton or for a brand of equip. like DeWalt, Echo, etc???

Thanks Dave, I used Rustoleum Equip paint-"Allis Chalmers Orange" and Hi-temp & gloss black, chrome & clear coat all in rattle cans. Below is a link to a topic on paint types from before if interested. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=119544
quote:
Originally posted by dave7016
Nice job Greg!! What kind of paint do you use and how is it applied? Does it hold up well? Thanks.

Greg, Excellent restore thread! AC built tractors are unique beefy looking rigs. Helps me in my restore recovery watching your rebuild (shop has no more room).:( Like AC orange over originaldOd

I got alot of deliveries from fellow members this week so I'll be posting new pics Sat. 2/4/12... :D Thanks to "Mack" & "Homesteader" for there help with the hard to find parts dOd

The only bad part on the exterior of this was the seat base. I cleaned & painted it but still didn't like how it looked...

Club member "Homesteader" sent me a seat base in good condition to paint...

I was able to do some of the engine & dash electrical work after work this week.

Also got the Fuel pump and the Choke & Throttle Cables installed

The narrow tires are mismatched and the rims are in poor condition. Thanks to Member Nathan Gale I have a spare set of rims and some used tires to mount on the front. Nice looking wide tires...

The rear tires are good & the rims can be cleaned & painted

Club Member "Mack" sent me these headlight bezel rings so I can mount the headlight bulbs. The cut-out black face plate I made a few entries back.

I'm still waiting for the AC decal that goes between the headlights...the one I got was too big

Those lights look very good. Makes the hood look much better than with the block-off plate. I like the little rings of white paint that show around the light bulbs.

Finished painting the wheels last night & was able to mount them today...

I made a template of the new seat bottom (threaded mounting holes)

Then transfered the locations onto the newly painted seat base for drilling the bolt holes...

Re-riveted the seat base hinges to the rear fender assy...

I bought this tool tray from a tractor bone-yard last summer

I still had a good engine wiring harness but had to run wires for all the new add-ons such as; Headlights, Tail light, Electric Lift, Hour Meter, Cigar Lighter and lighted Amp Gauge.

Almost Done! still need to install Electric Lift and Hood Latches (from club member "Mack"), get LF Tire mounted, install Gas Tank & fuel lines, Parking Brake lever (from E-Bay), front AC Decal, need new Pulley on Mule Drive and repaint Mower Deck...

Final Pics next weekend for sure!!!

Looks great as usual Greg! Would your ameter work on a B10? Where can I purchase one? Also where do you get your switches for you extra lights and stuff---TSC have things like that? Do you run the extra electrics directly from the battery through a fuse? Thanks man! Looks awesome!

Thanks Steve, the lighted Ammeter will work on any tractor. there's a wire lead on the back you connect to your headlight circuit. Or just wire it to "key hot"(run) and it will be on when ignition is on. I bought the Ammeter ($15) at Big-R store (its like a TSC or Farm & Fleet) and dash Switches from Advance Auto Parts sm01 The 410 has a buss terminal that is fed from the "keyed hot" on the ignition switch. I ran all the accessories from that. Its protected by the circuit breaker on the harness... Your new project is off to a good start...Good Luck!
quote:
Originally posted by Steve72
Looks great as usual Greg! Would your ameter work on a B10? Where can I purchase one? Also where do you get your switches for you extra lights and stuff---TSC have things like that? Do you run the extra electrics directly from the battery through a fuse? Thanks man! Looks awesome!

Thanks again Aaron, that non-pitted seat base made a big improvement, and I'm just starting on the mower deck too. I plan on having the entire project done this weekend....maybe Sun....night.....late.....I hope sm01
quote:
Originally posted by Homesteader
AHHHH!!!!!! my seat base!!!!!!!! you drilled it!!! lol looks super good. great job

very nice!! im interested in the hour meter you chose... Ive found them but the Hobbs meters seem to be very expensive... any suggestions?