Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
garyosf

Engine HP MarketingnLitigation Settlement

garyosf
Anyone out there involved in the Marketing Practice Litigation Settlement involving incorrect HP advertising? I had sent in models which were listed as being included within the dates involved. They sent back a form indicating the engine ID as being incorrect on my Simplicity 16HP Front Cut. Engine ID clearly states # 303777 and cannot come up with any other number. Any help on finding the correct # they might be looking for? Might not be worth the effort for the $ involved but am trying.

gwiseman
I received exactly the same letter re: my 2001 Conquest 16-42. No clue ? what they are after and I too thought the $ were already distributed and case closed but sent the letter back anyway.

BLT
I think the amount was $7.00 for walk behind mower engines and and roughly $17.00 for riders if you have the right numbers. I also believe Briggs and Tecumseh were major players. Tecumseh closed their doors for engines and I don't know if the corporate office is still involved. I found the this>>> http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=12&ved=0CEcQFjABOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fphx.corporate-ir.net%2FExternal.File%3Fitem%3DUGFyZW50SUQ9MTA2NTA0fENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z%26t%3D1&ei=ovYOT6msAoXqgAeotrDGAw&usg=AFQjCNEUDADKtuM7EdAN2XxdsZgVBrjVpw&sig2=5YpOhwONrb4spEPyqtHf5w <<<< and it is 14 pages long . To me it was another lawyer thing, they maede the money and the consumer got the scraps.}:)}:)

garyosf
My letter states I have until Jan 24th 2012. Good to hear somebody got something out of this. Like all of these class action lawsuits the lawyers make out like bandits/the bandits make out like lawyers!!!

midnightpumpkin
I got a settlement check quite a long time ago. Recently I got a letter requesting information??? Not sure what is going on. I chucked the recent letter into the round file. Too many lawyers! John U