Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 5116 special

Badnadz

Hello, Im new to this site and recently purchased a 5116 special without a deck, but I would like to make it my snow machine, I found a thrower for it locally but am not sure if it will fit, the model number on the thrower is 1691522 any help would be appreciated.. http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m485/Badnadz/Simplicity%205116%20special/

Tonge and cheek says maybe. Download the manual linked below. You're close but I'm not versed enough to say how close. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCyEN8cpO4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq

Hi, Yes the blower will fit. YOu will also need a hitch. A 1690555 will work and I would need to look, but I think there is another number that is basically the same hitch. You will also need a lift lever. They are no longer available new. I think the last one I needed and didn't have I ordered the parts and put it together. I have about 3 used hitches and 1 or 2 new ones. If you do it, put a plate or duct tape over the holes in the rear 0f the hood. It keeps the engine from sucking snow down through the hood. It is not absolutely necessary, but the company used to supply metal baffles with the kits. Al Eden

Those make nice mow machines. I have a 5116H and I prefer it to my Sovereign. It maneuvers much better and cuts just as nice. They are a small frame that drives like a large frame, exepct they turn better.

As I have a 5212.5 and 6216, work well for snow and cutting. Both have hours on them, but work very well. The 5212.5 has been used for 23+ years with very few problems, and the 6216 is new to me about a year. Both have blown snow very well. For the right price should work well.

My "gateway" simplicity was a 5116 special! Now I own a 6212.5 (repowered) and will hopefully be getting my first Landlord in the near future. Those tractors are great & nimble little things as long as you don't abuse the transaxle. They're a bit tempermental. Oh ya, the blower you're looking at will fit, no doubt.

so if it will fit then the only thing I would need are the Hitch and Lift lever huh, I just wasnt sure and spend money on the blower this guy has if it wouldnt work, now the search continues for the hitch and lift lever unless Al Eden would like to sell me a hitch and lift lever,

If you all look at my pics of it, this tractor is in really good shape, it belonged to the grandfather of the guy I bought it from, and always garage kept, has a little rust spot on the hood, that about the only rust on it.. Oil on the floor is from my car when I changed it... kinda spilled, but Im really happy with this tractor, fires right up and purzzzzz like a kitten, So do you all think it was a good deal for 100 bucks

Yah you'll need a lift lever.. What the heck is that little lever looking thingy on the right fender? I've seen those before but never understood what they were for.

I honestly dont know, I bought the tractor as it sits and without a deck so I have no clue, it isnt the pto for the snowblower cause thats on the other side

That is the deck lift lever. Rather short and a bit hard to use. Both the 4200 and 5200 series had them. I changed mine to the Armstrong lift lever, and MUCH easier to use. the Armstrong will work for deck and blower.

• 3 weeks later...
Just found out that a guy up the road has one of these sitting in his garage all tore apart, I think something with the rear broke years ago, doesn't look like its moved in a few years. I know the he said the mower deck is good. Would the Briggs out of this fit into my 712??

quote:
Originally posted by ac712
Just found out that a guy up the road has one of these sitting in his garage all tore apart, I think something with the rear broke years ago, doesn't look like its moved in a few years. I know the he said the mower deck is good. Would the Briggs out of this fit into my 712??
The 4, 5 and 6000 series tractors use a vertical shaft engine and a 712 uses a horizontal shaft. Your tractor shoulve a Kohler K34 engine. There are quite a few Briggs engines, Models 30XXXX and 32XXXXX 12 thru 16 HP out and about in Simplicity tractors that would work with minimal moification.^

here is the attachment manual for your tractor. States you need a 1690403 or a 1690513 hitch. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8.wI6rE8Cvh5kbp796Dq There are a couple on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-Allis-Chalmers-Snowblower-Hitch-Mule-Drive-/200708306095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebb25b4af http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simplicity-4212-Series-Snowthrower-Hitch-/290648514787?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ac0060e3