Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Built-tough

Snow storm today, Landloard VS New city equp.

Built-tough
Hey everyone, had our first big snow storm today more then 6 inches of snow and sure enough i was out there plowing with my landlord. The city bought new side walk plows and it went by my house struggling. They suck!! It couldn't go though all the snow that was on the side walk. I hopped on my landlord and plowed the side walk, and it didn't even hesitate to push the snow to the side. So I followed the piece of junk down the side walk and watched it keep falling off the side walk, and he gave me thumbs up multiple times every time i passed him. Quarter mile down the road he gets out and gives me money for gas and tells me about the new machine and how the old ones use to work much better. I finished the whole side walk, ended up being a half a mile down the road. I love my landlord, it plowed through everything the city machines couldn't! :)

Talntedmrgreen
Cool story! They do a great job. My buddy has one of my old Landlords with a 16 Briggs and 42" blower. The villiage hired him to clean walks this year, and he has probably a mile or so to clear (today will be his second run of the year) Our sidewalk guy is unstoppable. The rig looks very much like this...
[img]http://www.govbids.com/Post/surplusauctions/pics/1613BPic%202%20RS.JPG[/img]
I thought this was a neat pic while searching....
[img]http://home.centurytel.net/ejpuckett/Farmallcub.com/Reginasidewalkplow.jpg[/img]

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• victorsnc
    • smalljob
    • bowhunt4life
    • Cityboy
    • Bill725
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• dav-1

dav-1  »  Talntedmrgreen

Over a year ago, you answered a question I had about the tool bar for my FDT. In your reply dated Dec 31, 2019  you said the spacer, part #16, goes in the bar to allow for up and down depth adjustment. does this mean the bolt has to be tightened at whatever depth desired or does the bolt slide up and down, allowing the lower hitch to free float?
         If it is tightened so the lower hitch and the bar are rigid, then is the depth to be controlled by the shoes? Or by the lift handle?
        Is there any kind of user directions for the tool bar? The Outdoor Power Manual basically shows how to assemble the bar but not how to use it
      · 1 reply
    • tribswede

tribswede  »  goatfarmer

ISO a deck for a 6516 H and all the connecting hardware any ideas on where to start?

· 1 reply
  • Adverts