Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Drift Destroyer (disaster)

Homesteader

got a good amount of snow yesterday and last night. drifted into the usual places at about 2-3 feet deep. 310 was up first with driveway duty, sorry no pics. then was the cub 102 blowing on the grandparents driveway which was completely concreted during the falldOd, again no pics. and finally, the ford 120 that i pull with which decided to pull its weight by clearing out drifts. so here she is in action. [IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/glennske/120blowing7.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/glennske/120blowing3.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/glennske/120blowing5.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/glennske/120blowing.jpg[/IMG]

Luckysm01wish i had that much snow just one time.looks like you had fun,and got some ample seat time.thanks for sharing.

That Ford looks alot like a jacobsen chief 800... Were Jacobsen and ford in kahoots back then? I have one in the metal shop, a student is making a johnny bucket for it. Looks just like that tractor of yours! Nice tractor!

quote:
Originally posted by Buickgsman
That Ford looks alot like a jacobsen chief 800... Were Jacobsen and ford in kahoots back then? I have one in the metal shop, a student is making a johnny bucket for it. Looks just like that tractor of yours! Nice tractor!
yes jacobsen built ford's line-up back then. this one is a jacobsen 1200 size

quote:
Originally posted by Buickgsman
Ford, Oliver and Minne-Moline were all built by Jacosen. I think M-M draws big money if you can find one.

I know a guy that has a m-m jacobsen just sitting in his shed and hasent ben used in years. he told me he was offered $1200.00 site un seen and he turned it down. when i seen it it looked like it just needed a wash and wax and a carb rebuild.varry clean for just sitting .

Doggon it I wish we'd get a serious snow! You guys are making me really jealous! Allis sits in her garage with nothing to do :(

Yes, those old Jacobsen built Olivers and Minneapolis Molines are rare and highly sought after. They are pretty valuable indeed! Nice pics blowing snow. I love some good action shots!!

I was opt moving some snow the other day .Still perfer the 50 degree the day before.You can have the snow I perfer cutting grass.Bob

Looks like your tractor does a nice job. Finally got some snow here in Oshkosh Wisconsin also. Was out early morning blowing the driveway and sidewalk. This is the first year for having ag tires on the Allis. Didn't put chains on, thought I would try it without. The chains will go on this weekend. Forward was ok, but backing up with blower raised was almost impossible if there is any incline at all. My blower is set about 1/8 inch above the road because of uneven sidewalk so I leave a thin sheet of snow that is slick and the tractor just spins. I have 65 lbs weight on each wheel plus me and the cab, but it just isn't enough. So the chains go on. Sure hope we get more snow soon, been kind of lonely for the tractors out in the garage, just sitting there. Hope to get pics next time too. Steve

well the 120 is no more. i am now out a snow team member/ puller. was heading to the shed after blowing and BANG!!! out goes second gear. as many of you have stated before, it is very easy to create a new language when startled/ angry. so anyways, i jacked it up, put it through the gears until i got to second gear again and let the clutch out. cunk, clunk, clunk, crackle, clunk, pop, etc. etc. and then another bang there goes the drivebelt. gear must have bound and the belt was the weakest link. so, if anyone has or knows of a ford 120 or jacobsen 1200 that would be willing to sell me some transmission parts, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

All in all I'm with Bob, rather be cutting grass or tilling deep Must however admit that blowing drifted snow is fun. My walking trail drifted in yesterday, with the wind that blew in the cold, little narrow in spots but will have to stay put til it warms up something close to zero.