Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

osenga

Ok got spark in the 7112 ( kohler) rebuilt the carb . can even get a good idle out of her. any ideas what Im over looking . Ok now the briggs guys let hear it LOL

Got back out in shop now and went to try now it's dead no power at all so now I'm lost time to start all over think Murphy is here who want him can have him Ray oil checks out fine Josh I think the whiteish smoke is from gas but un sure yet Just think now it won't run does to its dead now maybe a wiring problem and coil not staying hot at all times like the kohler needs to be grrr

I am thinking that the selniode might of took a big one. But sure seems odd it started just fine when I came in the 30 minutes later back out and now this do they go like that ???

had to change out the selinode starts again. still just can only get to a rough idle any more then that its dies. pulled a good carb and same thing

Well The motor is on the bench. Found the head gasket is needing replaced. and now a new carb seal no biggie. Just hope this takes care of the problems. But it will be a good spare back up motor. and the rest of it is going to hit the eBay

White smoke can often point to water in fuel also. Was the tank clean and filled with good fuel? Could have been water in tank of not completely drained.

• 3 weeks later...
quote:
Originally posted by osenga
Well The motor is on the bench. Found the head gasket is needing replaced. and now a new carb seal no biggie. Just hope this takes care of the problems. But it will be a good spare back up motor. and the rest of it is going to hit the eBay
Or the other option since you have the motor out would be to drop a BRIGGS in there......:Dsm06