Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Action shots of the berco 2 stage sovereign

hotrodtractor

Wife took some action shots. This is far from optimal as the snow was deep and plow truck packed by my mail box. Last year when I tried to do this with the single it would take ramming force to get through the hard packed bank, and I would often loose traction. There was no wind to benefit from either. When I did the driveway the other morning it was very windy and it easy launched snow over my house. I also used the single stage and forgot how much volume it can move when you use the right amount of hydro lever. Sorry had driveway done in early am while everyone was asleep so no one to take pics of doing the driveway with 6" on it. Not sure why but the berco cleans right down to the pavement where my single leaves a little. Maybe cause the berco has a new scrapper.

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. We're still waiting here in the mid Atlantic for some seat time. It's cold atm and it looks like another storm is coming next week, but the track is going to be to the west and we'll wind up with rain or nothing. Where's a good n'easter when you need one!

bye the way this was at 3/4 throttle (3000 RPM on tiny tac) as the vanguard 31hp has pletty of torque. The faster the RPM the farther it would have thrown and the more gas she would drink at 3600.... but then I would be just showing off!

found another one... shows one of my favorite features of the 2 stage you can still get throw distance when just a tiny bit of snow is available. This was with patchy 1" spot. With the single if the cute is not full the snow just dribbles out barley going a foot or 2.

What's that Berco weigh? Your stinger looks so tiny compared to the big ol cab and blower chute :) That blower must have some weight to it.

it's fun until you have to put gas in it:I Honestly it's a waste and power is not needed but I am not complaining about the 50ft lbs or so of torque. I need to put it on the scale but I think its about 150. I know it's less than 200. Berco site Deluxe 40'' 194 lb but that includes the hitch and subframe it think. http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-specifications-5-deluxe-snowblower-manual-or-hydraulic-lift.php?noModeleVehicule=16 I can tell you I man handle these blowers and have been lifting them and stacking them 4 high in the storage unit all by myself and I no hulk hogan that for sure. FYI I run 38" tiller cable route so the stinger makes the berco feel light or at least thats what the hyrdo lift told me ;)

Kevin, I have not used either single or 2-stage yet. Just wondering if it could be that the berco has serated teeth.Just curious if it does anyway. Nice shots! My wife wouldnt look out the window let alone grab camera and shoot pictures.Course im not watching her do laundry and dishes lol.thanks for sharing action pictures i have been waiting 4-months for them.

It's night and day different in noise level also, but I run a 6" pulley on my single. The single seems to slap the snow more. Also single does not seem as sure footed as the berco. When you hit hard packed banks it just chuggs through and the single bounces. Man I love the electric chute on my single. I was fun getting the

Kevin, Is the chain to the front auger missing a cover? I'm surprised it's that "open" - from both a safety and lubrication perspective. I have issues with the salt (or CaCl) they use on the roads down here rusting stuff up quick if I don't wash down the blower when I use it where the driveway meets the road. (The front 75th emblem is now discolored from "spray" that I didn't wash off) I would think that chain would be in for a tough go exposed like that.

it's supposed to be like that. Simplicity 1693242 is same way. Just keep it oiled every 2hrs per sticker and it is ok. Guy I know used his for 13+ yrs no issues. If I recall wheel horse blowers have been like that for over 30yrs. I do see that a cover kit is available and it may not be a bad idea :)