Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Get Out the Blankets---for Sam

MPH

This is fair warning, best tuck your tractors in with extra covers here soon. Looking at the NOAA maps today to see how long I might be in these -40's. 6 days from now the High pressures are a chain from here to the upper midwest. Here ya go Sam. when I went for my mile walk I brought my dip net handle down to the house.

Pretty close to this one

About this time of the year it gets hard to believe this can all be 3 foot high and GREEN

10 here this morning...if there was the least bit of West wind, we'd get a foot of lake effect snow, but when the winds die and it gets chilly, all that snow just falls over Lake Michigan.
[img]http://icons-ak.wunderground.com/data/640x480/2xus_st.gif[/img]

I say bring it on. I've been waiting for it to get cold here and for the first time they're calling for zero as a high tomorrow. Haven't even had to put the air baffles on the carburator yet.

darn it, marty you're giving me goosebumps just thinking about it. it was about 38 or so this morning and we had frost on the grass at work. couldn't go out to mow the golf course. (broke my heart it did, sitting in the breakroom and getting paid for it) i was going to get the landlord running today but i might put that off and remulch some of the flowers.

You can all have that cold .I was enjoying that 50 degree weather we had last week. It is now 15 degrees and I am sitting in the house waiting for it to warm up.Only 37 more days to Hawaii and then it will be maple syrup season.I love making that old 2010 pull that trailer through the woods.

MArty, I golfed last week Wednesday in 55 degreee temps, this morning it was 8 degrees (balmy by your standards, I know), with about 6" on the ground. There can't be much that works properly in minus 40 degree temps. I would think stuff breaks pretty easily.

Hey there Marty; Do you have any of your legendary cold oil experiments planned this year, I sure would like to show the crew what happens to diesel and hydraulic oil at temps like that. Also, is it true that spit will freeze before it hits the ground at -50??? signed, Curious in balmy Michigan

Larry, just filled the wood stach last week,

Should be good for 3-4 weeks.^^ Sam, I think it frooze, hasn't been colder then -20 on it all winter. Needs to smacked up along the side but I don't feel like stepping into the deep snow to do it. Ken, never really looked at the ground to see if it was, I know a cup of hot coffee is still liquid. My boys did go through a lot of food coloring in their super soakers making colored ice fog when they were young.:D

LoL! Seeing your thermometer always makes me feel warm when I look at mine:D ..and by the way, these bunny boots are the most fantastic cold weather boot I have ever put ondOd

7 degreese in boston tonight its been high 30s to fiftys here this winter. i can only imagine -40. on the news tonight it showed a tanker going in to port with fuel oil. in alaska its almost spring :) you will be moing in no time.

That tanker made it into Nome Rich. Don't know the "why" details but because of that big storm last fall they never got their winter fuel supply delivered. Coast Gaurd has been breaking ice for it for most the way. The Sun is coming back.^

When I woke up this morning it was -8 and the high today is 1 degree. Winter is finally making it's presence known. Not even close to you Marty, but we're getting there. Usually around this time of year we're already into a couple weeks of -20 so we're actually warm right now.

DAN, right at 4.5 hours I'm warmer too Craig, by about 20 degrees, though tonight may test that as mines looking to be down close to -50 an hour ago.

They're calling for -20 tonight and a high of -4 once the sun comes up tomorrow. That low is about 10 degrees from where I'll willingly admit it's cold. Do you get much wind up there? Here in the valley we get some wiked white outs from just a 1/2" of snow. The wind chill brings it to about what you're experiancing without. I couldn't imagine how cold it would be up there then. I was driving through one today but couldn't get my camera to work.