Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Introduction

B110guy

I've been reading the forums for a few weeks and have used them in the past to research the mower I've been wanting to buy. I became a paid member a couple of weeks ago. Decided to show off my new toy. I bought a B110 with bar tires, a 42" deck and the first style sickle mower. It's in pretty good shape. Had it out yesterday pulling the kids around in the snow. My oldest wanted to drive, so here is a picture of his first solo drive. He's done some lap driving in ag tractors, but this was his first solo. Went right for the big drifts. I think I'm gonna need another tractor soon ;) B110guy

Welcome to the Club B110 Guy, Looks like a really clean 110 you have there and looks like your Son is having great time driving.:D Beware, these tractors are addictive, soon you will need one for each attachment and on and on......:DdOd

Welcome to the club Aaron! I am currently putting together a B112. My first B series tractor. Hope it looks as good as your 110 when I get it done.

Thanks for the warm welcome. This one is far from restored. It looks better in the picture than in real life. Does start and run good, but it needs some carb work and the fuel shut off leaks under the tank. Needs a few more things to be what I'd call correct, but I think it'll be a worker for a while. I'd like to find a plow and blade for it, but you guys all seem to be out east. Took me about a year of off and on looking to find this one. This is my first B as well. I come from an ag background and am an Allis Chalmers tractor guy. Stumbled across the B series in some of my AC books. I think the B110/112 look cool with the ag style hood. I'll probably start collecting the mowers just because they take up less space. There is a lawnmower pulling club close to me, so my boys and I might get into that. Never know. B110guy

Welcome to land of fun and fixin'! And I think you may be correct, another tractor may be in the mix. Perhaps a Yeoman or Serf for now!

Welcome! VERY nice looking B110...the B110 was my first machine as well, and has served my family well since new. I think you'd be suprised how many Simplicity and Allis guys are in your neck of the woods. Seems I see ebay listings out in IA all the time...might be some leads on stuff there. Enjoy, they are FUN!

Watch your local craigslist listings, visit flea markets and especially local consignment auctions. Thats where I find most of the stuff I get. Monmouth Illinois has a consignment auction at Burns Auction Service several times a year starting in March and ending in November.

Welcome Aaron, from a fellow A/C junkie. I have garden tractors and a couple of farm tractors. 1949 "C" and 1951 "B", which is is many parts in my shop. You have a nice looking B-110 and driver.

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Kehoe
I can spot one behind a barn under tall grass going 55 mph in a snow storm
So can I, but I can do it after dark, can you ??

I can almost smell an orange tractor in the air. I'm getting there with the mowers. I do know the stuff is around and regularly check Craigslist and eBay. I haven't been a fan for a long time. i think I decided about this time last year that I'd like to have a B110 or B112. This one was the first I was able to get my hands on. Pretty happy with it and impressed with how much snow the thing will go through. I am positive this will not be my only. They take a lot less space in my garage and are cheaper to buy and work on. AaronSEIA

Yes...yes it does. Eventually I'd like to have the entire B line. At the moment, I'm working on talking my wife into a plow, blade, and tiller for the one I have. B110guy