Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Big Ten Experts

ken728

Was the Big Ten made through 1966? The engine is correct, but the date code is 660217. I'm hoping this is the original engine - maybe just a later production model? I noticed that the voltage regulator is the same as found on the Landlord 990350, but different than a picture in a brochure from A/C. No complaints here, I plan on adding lights. You can tell if you look close in this picture that there was a light switch wired in at some point but no factory light bar or lights. I'm just in the process of getting geared up to go through this tractor and see what it will take to get it running after sitting for almost 10 years. Thanks.

Looks like overspray around the engine, which would have been yellow for the Big Ten. I'm sure it's possible they sent some out with an early '66 Briggs (Feb 17). Not sure...might have to look for more clues.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• AC710
    • Tarheel
    • BMinor0788
    • rich_kildow
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts