Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Detroit Craiglist

ssmewing

I live in Saginaw MI and was bored and looked at Simplicity listings for Detroit. There are some very interesting listings. I saw a tran assembly for $25, a 4041 and 4040 one had loader, the other blower, cab and blade. I saw a leaf blower attachment. Lots of tractors and decks. I may be driving down only an hour or so from me.

The east side, from Flint on east, always has a pile of goodies. Stop by Perry's place, he'll sell you all kinds of stuff! ;) I think the trans might even be one if his. Flint, Davison, Grand Ledge, etc seem to have stuff pop up daily. That package with the blower etc, was bought up the road from me at auction for $2650 only a few weeks back. I went up and looked it over, and it is nice. Very clean. He has it on ebay too...

I like the 4040 loader.2800.00 seems reasonable to me.i'm new to this tractor stuff and really want a loader tractor,so i'm a easy score lol.looks a little hacked on hood for kohler repower.yeah the 25.00 item is perry's.stop by my home i could sell a couple too yeah.3310h needs minor work.and 3310s same.pm me if your in holly area.

4040 for sale here in VA with a loader,3pt and rear PTO near me for $2500 if anyone is interested I can give them the phone number of the fellow that has it.

yep, the trans is mine. i usually always have something listed on CL ;). i see more older machines in the mid-MI area. i have a simplicity buddy near me that travels to saginaw often. he grew up there.

@Perry, I have talked to the people at the Simplicty dealer in Saginaw. They scrap all the old iron. They do not want to have to deal with storing or selling it. They have nothing even in attachments.

quote:
Originally posted by ssmewing
@Perry, I have talked to the people at the Simplicty dealer in Saginaw. They scrap all the old iron. They do not want to have to deal with storing or selling it. They have nothing even in attachments.
you should start making weekly visits to the junk/scrap yard. i allways wonder where JOP takes his scrap. i know they haul it out in dumpsters and trailer loads.

The scrap yard is a great place to save tractors so far I have saved three from there,it helps to have a friend who works at Padnos he got them for me.

quote:
Originally posted by brockway
The scrap yard is a great place to save tractors so far I have saved three from there,it helps to have a friend who works at Padnos he got them for me.
:O Lucky YOU!! Wish I had a connection like that! Nice...

Josh this calls me about once a month I'll keep you in mind next time he calls. I don't have the spare cash right now do to lack of snow plowing this season.

I will wait anxiously.... ^ I actually have a pile of scrap I need to run up there sometime. A few narly old aluminum johnboats oughta brings oms cash. What is aluminum at these days?

hey guys i bought the 4040 with the loader. got it for a really good price this is my second powermax with a loader both ark 700 but the hole tractor needs alot of help. The 20 horse kohler runs good but but they did a poor job of mounting in the tractor. yesturday i got it mounted down so i can put a hood on it that isent all chopped up. The only problem is i cant drop the motor low enough to hook up the rear pto. but the rear clutch does work and would really like to get it going, has any one sucsessfully done this with a magnum 20 kohler before any input would be greatly appreciated. My intentions are to restore the hole tractor and have found a good hood and some other parts that are needed. when i get it done ill post some pics of it any input would help thanks

quote:
Originally posted by phillobbezoo
hey guys i bought the 4040 with the loader. got it for a really good price this is my second powermax with a loader both ark 700 but the hole tractor needs alot of help. The 20 horse kohler runs good but but they did a poor job of mounting in the tractor. yesturday i got it mounted down so i can put a hood on it that isent all chopped up. The only problem is i cant drop the motor low enough to hook up the rear pto. but the rear clutch does work and would really like to get it going, has any one sucsessfully done this with a magnum 20 kohler before any input would be greatly appreciated. My intentions are to restore the hole tractor and have found a good hood and some other parts that are needed. when i get it done ill post some pics of it any input would help thanks
glad to see a club member got it. i would start another post with your questions.