Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Chalmers B1 tractor

simple-kid

Hi, There is a guy that is selling and 1963 AC B1 tractor. It has a rototiller, front counter weight, plow blade, and two extra rims and tires for a dual wheel conversion for extras. The tractor has been siting in his shed for 25 years and he's the original owner. It would need a fuel and carb clean but that's normal. Could someone please tell me the value of it. It would be really appraised.

it's always hard to say what something is worth. i wouldn't sell my B-1 for a penny less than $300. i have a home made weight for sale for $35 and a tiller w/o the bolos for $75. my extra plow i am asking $75 and i have some rims for $5 each. that said; a not running tractor i would pay $100 to $150 at the most and i would haggle like heck over the rest. fwiw; if i still lived in NH, and therefore in driving distance to you, i'd be on my way to try to beat you to it.

Sounds like a neat package...if it all had nice steel and was machanically sound (considering engine a non-runner, but turning over), I would give decent money for a B-1. Probably up to $350 for what you have listed. That being said, there are LOTS of things that would start dropping $25 here, $50 there for me. For the average B-1 I've seen, I would have a hard time giving $100 for it, non-running. Those attachments tend to be beat...there's another $100-150. The counter weight might be the best part of the deal. Those get good money. The tiller MIGHT be worth $150+, but most I've seen are awfully nasty. If he actually has the dual wheel adapters, you had better already be on the road! ;) Some of those old timers think their machine is gold, and that's up to you to agree with them or walk ^ I got a guy up the road with a beat-to-heck B-1 who wouldn't part with it for any sum.

Thanks Talntedmrgreen are those dual wheel adaptors worth good money. and if it had the wheel adaptors would it make the tractor worth 350 cause thats what the old timer wants for it.

I have sold the tiller only without the PTO for $225 and have seen the wheel adaptors go for his asking price. Sounds like a more than fair deal to me with the extras that are included.

id go $200 300 looks like its all there. but its your call, i see mower decks fairly priced some times in the local craigs list. boston ma n.h. check it out. even if it doesnt work you can part it out. if i was closer id go to see it and help you. im in boston. i have spare parts if you need help

I would pay a little more for one if it had the original model 19 engine. Most of the B-1's I've seen have been repowered with the 8hp briggs (still a good engine, they're just not original).

Engine for that is rated at 7-1/4 HP and could be spec number 706047 or 0124-01, this being the latest. I am assuming A_C and Simplicity used the same spec number engines.