Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Added a B12 to the growing fleet!

Buickgsman

I picked this B12 up on Sunday. Its a fairly original tractor in decent shape. It needs TLC to get it to run but I will get it going in the next few weeks. I am hoping the story about it running 2 years ago is true. Condition looks good and my plans include the full restoration and adding a hydrolift.

Nice Tractor. Dan is right, thats the wrong seat on it. Another weird thing is that the steering column is painted yellow. I've never seen that on any of them, should just be plain chrome. Could be a transitional model. How low is the serial number?

I noticed the seat but didnt think anything of the steering column paint. It is chrome underneath the paint. The serial # is 004933 and the seat pan appears to be original as does all the other sheet metal. Is there information out there on the transitional units that you mentioned? Is there any supplier of the original style seats?

I just looked at my B-12. It has a serial number below yours so I don't think its a transitional thing. As for the seat, you'll have to find a good used framework and pan, but Wells and Sandy Lake sell new cushion sets. I got one from Wells, its great.

Very nice tractor! I can't get my hands on a B-12, but had a 2012 and LOVED it. I like the roundhoods best, and the added grunt from teh 12 Briggs is nice. I do love the high backrest, black B-12 seats though, and would have to find one if she were mine ;)

I have a B12, and for whatever reason it is my favorite. As I recall, it was my first A/C FDT It does most of the work and definitely gets the most abuse. Its been repowered to 15 hp, broke the frame (twice), it needs it's 4th rear end, its been upside down a few times... It's bent, ugly, got broken, missing, and worn out parts and just keeps going. Plowed with it last week...:D:D It has pulled, plowed, disked, dragged, cultivated, tilled, pushed snow, pushed dirt, leveled gravel, blown snow, sickled, graded, carried fire wood, dragged logs, towed boats, campers, trailers, cars, and more It will likely be around until I can't find enough parts to keep it going......;);) Good luck with yours, you will love it. :o):o):o)