Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor shows?

brockway

Hey guys just wondering if there is any shows in west MI or close by that the club members bring their old iron to? Sure would be cool to see a bunch of yellow and orange garden tractors all in one place.

Mid to late March go here and these folks generally post a lot of gatherings. Last years schedule will give you an idea. http://www.upsteamandgasengine.org/regional-events.html

This is about the best I have found, just click on the on line part and it show a bunch all over the US and Canada. They will soon update it for this year. http://www.farmcollector.com/show-directory/home.aspx

I guess I was wondering if the club makes any appearances at any shows if not it sure would be neat to get a group of us together at a show.I think that there is a number of us in west MI.

Funny, I just checked the links in the Events and Gatherings forum last night. And they aren't updated as of yet. I'm looking forward to this year's shows.dOddOd

The shows I go to are in Allendale,Buckley and Clarksville. I am getting cabin fever I need to start a couple tractors that are sitting in the wings to restore.

Mike, it starts with one person! (hint, hint) I would have to think, based on the number of guys I've heard from online, and bumped into face-to-face around here, that there would be some success in this area. Maybe just hit up a scheduled show for a 'Simplicity & Allis GT' area? I know Charlotte has a big showing like that for the WH guys, and that's a neat show. I hit Barry County, Hastings, Charlotte and Mason (Steam & Threshers show) last year, and should have gone to more (Buckley for sure). Never took a tractor, but I would like to this year. I'd like to hit the Big Rapids show and anything closer. I know there's a few south of us too. I used the site Bob referenced above, last year.

Josh the show in Allendale(River bend steam and gas show) is a good one I have relation on the board there.Two years ago they had another lawn and garden club there.Buckley is also a huge one I usually bring 5 tractors because that's all I can take in one trip.

i go to this one every year. http://www.eatoncountyfair.com/htdocs/bigLittleTractor.html nice to jump on my tractor and drive back to the onsite camp grounds. lots of good after hours bon-fires to walk/ride around and visit with other tractor enthusiast. my buddy host his wheel horse show with the big and little show.

Hello, In Barry county Mi, Charlton park has a show in July it is all tractors big & small http://www.charltonpark.org/ Fathers Day car show is neat too!! over 1000 shiny cars Another is Portland Indiana in May? There used to be one in Constantine MI. Thank's Ken in MI

I really hope to get to Buckley this summer, but have been wanting to do so for a while now, we shall see. Anyone that ends up going to the Big Rapids show give me a shout, only about 22 miles away from home, could probably make a trip there too.

Ken, I've never made it to Charlton Park, and it's right under my nose! Looks neat! Summer is so busy for us, but I'm hoping to carve out a few good days to visit shows. Perry's setup in Charlotte is a neat one...I really liked that show, and I only hit it on Sunday, after a rainy weekend. I can't imagine it on a nice sunny Saturday ^ Wouldn't mind trying Portland too...that seems like a big gathering of folks around here. It's only 3+ hours ;)

Just a side note as these show dates become reality, post them in General Information, "Events and Happenings". You'll get more visibility and give you a shot at making your own local gathering. It don't happen overnight, but if you are persistent, you'll have your own local groups. I started this five years ago with a handful of people. I have set my sights as gathering about 30 souls for this event. Right now it will probably 18-24 from four states. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=118423 After that, in the summer there are scattered gatherings in two states for those who can make it.. All the postings are done in that area plus an E-mail list I have developed. As you get closer to your posted event, you can bump your topic to the top of the list simply by adding a space, comma or period some where.

Josh, and anyone else, Ive also been to the show in Portland in August. It was well worth the 10.5 hours from NC. I have about 20 friends that make that trek each year.

There's always a show in South Haven in September I take my Dad to every year. Not many GT's though. Maybe we should change that. I vote we start our own show. I'd make the trip for that!

quote:
Originally posted by lampoulos
There's always a show in South Haven in September I take my Dad to every year. Not many GT's though. Maybe we should change that. I vote we start our own show. I'd make the trip for that!
I take momma out that way for Perch and fruit wine a couple times a year...only about an hour drive for me...where/when is the show? I'm all for setting up something local. Maybe get a GT section added to an existing tractor show or fair? There are plenty of those.

THE SHOW :D:D Make your vacation plans early :o) GOTO, Gathering Of The Orange East will again be held in Canandaigua NY in 2013 http://www.pageantofsteam.org/ If you have any interest in the bigger tractors check out these guys. http://www.simplyallis.com/ A couple of us have been tossing around the idea of trying this again. Anyone who was there can attest to it's success. I'll bet we could get the space again. Whatta ya think Jim ??? Anyone interested can do an archived search for GOTO to see lots of pictures and lists of members who made it. This was 2004

List of names from the sign up sheet 1. Maynard Greenwood, UCD Vt. 2. Ann Marie Greenwood, LadyAnn Vt. 3. Mel Winters, Mell_W PA. 4. Bill Campbell, WNC Ny. 5. Dan Lonnen Rokon2183, Ny. Wife lisa 6 Dave Harrington, AllisCowboy Nebr. Wife Deb 7. Kent Thomas, Kent Mass. 8. Eli Thomas, Eli Mass. 9. Mike Biery, MDB Ohio. Son Jake 10. Rod Hubbard, HubbardRA Va. Wife Becky son and son"s friend 11. Jim Bagley, JBagley Ny. 12. Jim McDonald, Jim Conn. 13. Elon Hertzfeld, Ehertzfeld wife Melaine 14. Bob King, Suriver2003 Ny. 15. Jim Dick, Jimdk Pa. 16. Clyde Laclair, Clyde Ny. 17. Nick Stanchak, Nick Ny. 18. Terry Zarnowski, TerryZ Ny. 19. Jim Pitts, Jim Pitts Ny. 20. Graham Hubert, maxtorman1234 Ontario Canada 21. Ron Enslow, WatterLoo Ny. 22. Darryl Jones, DarrylF Ohio 23. Dave Moore, weedcutter Ohio 24. Dan Nighswander, KC8QYB Ohio 25. John White Oldone Ny. 26. Tom Byrne Tom_Byrne Nj. Wife Gail 27. Joseph Rabidoux, RabidouxJoe Michigan 28 Richard Grant Tipspeed Pa.

It was in Canandaigua NY in 2004 Who's who?? Dont remember :O:O

1. Maynard aka UCD 2. Bill aka WNC 3. John aka Oldone 4. Jim MacDonald aka Jim 5. Darryl Jones aka darrylf 6. 7. Ron Enslow aka watterloo 8. Nick Stanchak 9. Elon aka Ehertzfeld 10. Dan aka rokon2813 11. Rod aka RAHubbard 12. Mike aka MDB 13. Clyde 14. Kent

Hmmm...the map websites have me going through Canadia to get to Canandaigua NY. Think I'll burn more than an hour crossing the border twice, because that is the difference in time if I go the US route through OH and PA? ;)

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Jones MI in August. http://www.countrylines.com/calendar/?ev=535
That's right in Ray's backyard! Not too far from me either...