Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

RUMBLEFISH

Steel Bar for 48 Deck

RUMBLEFISH
Im in the process of taking 2 rat decks and making one good one for my AC 712s. It will be a 48 deck and I have to replace the roller rod and from what I see on the site it should be 5/8 cold rolled steel. I called all over and nobody on Long Island carries this. I have put up a link on the site to see if this is the right product I should by before I pull the trigger. Thanks http://www.onlinemetals.com/basket.cfm?pidadd=4794&CFID=40226789&CFTOKEN=55756284

Talntedmrgreen
I had a hard time finding it too, and in a bad pinch I went with 9/16" because I had to have the mower running. It cut all summer, and has some slop, but really isn't wearing at all. I'm not a fan, and would prefer the proper size, but cannot find it locally.

RUMBLEFISH
Thanks for the feed back. I just wanted to make sure I got the right stuff. And while Im at it Im going to order some flat stock to practice with my little cheap wire flux welder from harbor freight.