Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Steel Bar for 48 Deck

RUMBLEFISH

Im in the process of taking 2 rat decks and making one good one for my AC 712s. It will be a 48 deck and I have to replace the roller rod and from what I see on the site it should be 5/8 cold rolled steel. I called all over and nobody on Long Island carries this. I have put up a link on the site to see if this is the right product I should by before I pull the trigger. Thanks http://www.onlinemetals.com/basket.cfm?pidadd=4794&CFID=40226789&CFTOKEN=55756284

I had a hard time finding it too, and in a bad pinch I went with 9/16" because I had to have the mower running. It cut all summer, and has some slop, but really isn't wearing at all. I'm not a fan, and would prefer the proper size, but cannot find it locally.

There is nothing that directly shows up when I click your link, but the cold rolled 1018 steel for $7.99 in a 4 foot section is what you need.

I buy some steel from speedy metals. They have what you need. Here is a link. They will ship to your door. http://www.speedymetals.com/c-8227-cold-finished.aspx Steve

Thanks for the feed back. I just wanted to make sure I got the right stuff. And while Im at it Im going to order some flat stock to practice with my little cheap wire flux welder from harbor freight.