Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

SCORE! My first Freebie!!!

lampoulos

Wrapped up at work today, since it was so cold out I decided to take a look around and behind and old storage shed of an ex-dealer while my pick-up warmed up. To my surprise I noticed what looked to me like the frame of a a/c grader blade sticking up out of the snow-bank. Upon inquiring about it I was asked if I had a pick-up I could haul scrap metal in. Of course my answer was yes! Before my nose even got frost-bitten my pickup was loaded with the grader blade, a Brinly single bottom plow, and a disc which I'm curious is a Brinly as well. Really made my day!!! I'm going to go back after the snow melt to see if there's a hitch laying around too.

The disc seems quite a bit larger then what I'm used to seeing for a garden tractor. Maybe one of you guys can identify it? I think the blade is for a small frame. I wouldn't mind painting it up nice in Simplicity red but am a bit of a oem nut so I'd like to know if Simplicity made these for the tractors as well. Looks like I really need that 2210 now Perry...

Great score! The disc looks like a complete two-gang Brinly disc. Those bring great $$ at my local auction. Looks barely used! The grader looks modified to me...maybe it's a smallfream grader hitch that was widened? Great, anyway!

It has been said that luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. I'd say your score is a perfect example!! dOddOd

Dang I am looking for a dual disc harrow and used ones go for around $200. Im on long island and I can never find anything used and always have to travel like 2 hours one way just to get stuff.:(! Nice score for sure.:D

Craig you just scored, in your backyard even!--- the 3 attachments that I have been searching the web to buy!! I'm green--actually yellow-- with envy!!

My jaw hurts from it hitting the desk just now as I looked at your pics. WHAT A SCORE!! Those tandem discs are really hard to come across. Wow. Just wow!

Nice score I'll can give you 5 bucks and shipping for the disk so you can come out ahead. Ok maybe 15-20 bucks. LOL:D

Awsome...thats at least a $300-500? score (used retail) I thought the grader may fit an AC 300 or 400 series with the bolt-on hitch points??(although the color looks like an FDT) Anyway good haul dOd

Nice score. Put say $200 on the grader, $100+ on the plow, and lord knows what the double disc harrow is worth. And then there's the stuff that could be buried in the snow. I should almost pack my snow shovel in the truck and head west.

I watch two or three identical to that, and maybe even missing some hardware, fetch $300+ at auction over the past 8 months or so. I watched em...that's where it ended for me. sm00

I couldn't let these go in good conscious. The folks that gave them up said that they knew I was a collector and thought they'd be put to good use under my care. They only expect money if I decide to sell them. They'e the kind of folks that still have faith in humanity. I can't turn my back on that. I thought you guys would be excited about these. I know I am! Does anyone know if Simplicity made this type of grader blade for their own tractors? If they did I'd really like to clean this one up and paint it to match my tractors. I haven't found any on the club site yet. Will be looking this afternoon

I've never seen a grader for a small frame, but I'm guessing that is to some extent home built. 1 blade is not as tall. 2 no option for pivot. that blade is bolted directly to the hitch. 3 no holes at the bottom of the blade to flip it over 4 the left side at least of the hitch appears to bend sideways for the lift chain. on the large frame allis blade, the chain bolted to one of the mount bolts and the mount bolted to the blade is a "third" part, bolted to the blade and bolted to the hitch 5 it appears that hitch would be off set a bit to one side under the tractor. one side appears straight at the front end, while the other is bent in Measure the distance between the hitch points, I think the small frame tractors were narrower there than the large frame. If it is real narrow, measure the rear of a large frame, maybe it was built as a rear mount Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth ;);)

I did some research and found that the 40" belly blade was made for the landlords all the way down to the yeoman's. I attached more detailed pictures in this reply as you couldn't properly see the hitch in my previous post. It does pivot and have holes so the blade can be flipped. The width of the mounts is exactly 10 1/2 inches center-to-center and the mount points are mirror images of each other/no offset. But I can't find an mfg numbe on it anywhere. It has a coupl different shades of allis yellow so I'm wondering if it's buried under there somewhere.

Well, this page shows 2 different numbers for a 40" grader. http://www.simpletractors.com/what_fits/atch_%28pg_43%29.htm The one in this pic is a 298 so yours must be the other one with the additional plate between the mounts ?? Maybe I helped this time :o)

Thanks Dan. I didn't find that picture when I was looking before. It pretty much proves to me that I will be able to paint it and still be correct to oem.

The little dog-leg on the hitch is correct for the small frame tractors like a Broadmoor. That's where the lift chain attaches. However, I thought there was only about a 2" difference between the width of the old small frame axle hitch points up to the large frames like a B210 etc. That looks to be widened out more than just a couple inches. Maybe someone had it bolted to a JD 210 style tractor - the front of those frames are pretty wide where the mower pins on to those. Nothing some cutting and welding can't fix to have a useable blade. I got my first one for my Broadmoors out from under a real early Cub Cadet. Had to rebush the mounting pins down to the right size and weld on the dog-leg for my chain lift. Can't tell anymore now. Tim

That's interesting Tim. Does anyone have a belly blade frame that we know is for a Broadmore that we can compare mine to? If it's not correct I might fix it.

I had a 40" blade for the Broadmoors once. Its the same as the one you have except the arms should go fairly straight out with a slight curve upwards to the pin points and dont have a big wide second brace like yours. It appears to me that yours may have been for a B207 or 208 that has been custom bent out at the ends to fit a B-10 or similar and a brace added. That, unless info comes up that shows this to be a rare original design. ...However, I doubt it is such.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Gilmer
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts