Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
sierradriver

Big Ten fuel line

larry8200
Well, this is as much wrong as right. I think the fuel line and throttle cable are supposed to run along the top of the side cover like shown here, but the fuel line originally had no filter and ran behind the carburator. The choke cable here is run through a mounting hole for the hyrolift pump which is definitely wrong. :) I think the choke cable is supposed to run through the slot in the bottom of the side cover behind the front of the quadrant. Not sure though. What do you want for $0.02??? :D

sierradriver
Thanks guys, Larry I think that was a bit more than .02 cents but thanks I think I will try those things. Jim that is a nice machine wish mine looked like that, my choke must be different than that because I got to go in by the air cleaner on the bottom. Thanks again guys.

JimDk
Andy, I think my carb has the choke on the outside. Probably from a stationary engine sometime in it's life. Thanks for the compliment on that tractor. The picture was taken near the end of a year long build project. It is still not done. I make changes to it now and then. At last count, it has parts from 5 tractors including a Sundstrand hydro from a 7016.

bowhunt4life
My choke runs on the outside with the fuel line runs on the inside. I have a hydro on the Big Ten so I'll take a picture of the 64 landlord tomorrow and post for you.

rokon2813
I think all the round hood models ran them in the same place. You gotta look close, but this pic is a new tractor from the simple Tractors site. fuel line runs along the bottom line of the dash panel, at the top of the side cover, around the back of the air cleaner, between the air cleaner and carb to the outside Choke cable comes out the little notch at the bottom of the panel just ahead of the lift quadrant