Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What is MICHAELS TRACTORS???

CVSB10JCS

A disgruntled ex? A creepy clone? A foot dragging facsimile or redundant running board? All in all, an improper impersonation of an impeccable site, much like an unwanted impersonator of questionable abilities.

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
A disgruntled ex? A creepy clone? A foot dragging facsimile or redundant running board? All in all, an improper impersonation of an impeccable site, much like an unwanted impersonator of questionable abilities.
Ah yes, but there is no better compliment or endorsement, than others trying to be just like you and failing to live up to your standards.:D:D

I am active on both sites, as are several others. Both sites have their advantages and disadvantages, I have never seen anyone bash Simple Tractors on Michael's site. Overall, the folks are friendlier over there. You sometimes get more technical help here. It's a big world and room for more than one Simplicity/Allis site. My 2 cents. John U

quote:
Originally posted by midnightpumpkin
I am active on both sites, as are several others. Both sites have their advantages and disadvantages, I have never seen anyone bash Simple Tractors on Michael's site. Overall, the folks are friendlier over there. You sometimes get more technical help here. It's a big world and room for more than one Simplicity/Allis site. My 2 cents. John U
I agree with John. I am a paid member here but rarely post because of the attatudes of a few. I have never heard any bashing of this sight on Michael's. There is a lot of good information here which is why I keep coming back.

Here's my pennies,,, I was a member on Michael's Tractors. I'm not anymore simply because I was just inactive there. I had the same username there, if you do a search you should find my posts. I'm also on Mytractorforum, and recently on Gardentractortalk. All the sites are ok, but it seems that when there are technical questions, questions in regards to "made when", "What's it worth", most of the time the members there are referred to either this forum, Kent's page, or Simplicity's site for manuals. I've heard that if you want to get "bashed", "picked on", or riticuled for misspelling, punctuation, and the occasional "fat finger syndrome", then Weekendfreedommachines is the place for you. Remember, these are simply my opinions, it is not my intention to upset any member here, paid or not.:D:D

I have no need to bash other sites. I was a member there for a short while, and voluntarily withdrew, for personal reasons - nuff said. I was also a member at another site, and was banned for objecting to the actions of moderator(s). Other sites do things differently - that's their business. Similarly, I do things my way - that's my business. I am currently a member here, and I use my past learning experiences, in many areas, to preserve what I enjoy here. I greatly appreciate the democratic and constitutional foundation of this site - those things are very real, and exist for the protection and preservation and evolution of this site and the members of this site. You won't have to look too hard to find that information here - and it is that info that is most attractive to me. I have tried, and continue, to learn from my own past mistakes. "Live and let live" is much easier than bashing, or otherwise indulging in negativity. That is what I am trying to say here. There is no negative unless I indulge in the negative dance myself; and I will only go there seeking, or promoting, clarification. Michael's has a lot of valuable, essentially esoteric, historical info which is difficult to use because of changes over the years; things like part numbers, and especially url's which no longer exist, unfortunately. I personally find this thread to be disturbing. We are all in the olde tractor scene; if another site helps us promote the preservation and restoration of olde iron, then so be it. We only need to look after what we have and value here - the rest can do as they will as they pursue their own interests. Bashing and similar stuff approaches site wars, and we have no real need or real interest in that. Destructive indulgence will only hurt us, and distract us from our primary purpose.

As I use both, I find more tech stuff on this site, but do enjoy the general "banter" of the other. I know a number use both, and as in life we pick and choose friends, shared knowledge, and interests. As the song goes, "live and let live" from a generation past.

I like both, I was here first, primarily because I found the information on Kents site "simpletractors" to be the best (and easiest to use) information source for old Simplicity's I've found. As for technical expertise, if you cant find the answer here, then good luck!!! :D

I was given the impression that Simpletractor dose not acknowledge that other site and not to bring it up. I did not know I made such a grieves error.

I was just over there as I had not been there for quite some time and noticed a post that someone has a weed cutter for sale on this website and when I clicked on it there was nothing there. Any one know about this posting? I did not see anything here,either. I also tried to send an email to the gentleman who posted but I don't think anything went and I tried another person and it said I could not send an email? Stan

To the author...I don't see issue with the question. I've wondered myself, but I've yet to read an answer. From my experience at michaelstractors.com, it could be said that: "Michaelstractors.com is a forum focused primarily on discussion around Simplicity and Allis Chalmers lawn and garden tractor products." I enjoy both sites, and appreciate and respect the hard work and personal sacrifice that Kent and others have put into this one. As a newbie here myself, however, I would caution against any comments that could be understood to be negative by a reader. There are some good folks that won't join here because of an unwelcome undertone, perceived or otherwise, that is generated from discussion like this. My fear is that a guest or club member is driven away from an otherwise wonderful place for collaboration and resources. There is one fundamental difference that can be called out...this is a club. The forums are but only a part of what Simple Tractors is. A club is an 'organization.' That usually means a set of rules and principles to abide by. That in itself can be off putting and exclusive to some, but is such by it's nature.

I wholeheartedly agree with John (midnidnightpumpkin). To those who would demean another site without really experiencing it are not delivering a true picture. This site as was mentioned by Talntedmrgreen is a club. It has a long history and has matured and developed over the years. If we would judge this site by what it was in the days of yahoo, we would not recognize it today. This is the premier site when it comes to technical information and a well developed archive, something that only comes with time. There are also many great members on here, many of whom I have had the privilege of meeting. Every site has something to offer. For the most part, those at MT have found a comfortable place for banter, chatting, and also offering technical assistance where possible. Roy was a frequent visitor and poster over there. He is missed equally at both sites. I see no reason why there cannot be more than one site devoted to discussion of our favorite tractors. This site is great, mature, and well founded. Other sites may offer something that some cannot find here. After all, I do see many users from here over on MTF in the Simplicity section giving advice that they have harvested from here, yet I hear no one bemoaning that. I think if we are all honest, we all go to more than one garden tractor site.

just went there because I never heard of it. I have seen some other forums but figure this one is enough and has people here have always helped out when I have needed it. Between this place and walleye central I am pretty much set.

I visit many tractor sites as I enjoy reading of the many topics on all. I only stay away from sites that people are bashing each other or demeaning other sites. I first visited Michaels because of someone pointing out Biggie's info on the shute rotator. We are never too old too learndOddOddOd. It goes back to the old addage IF you can't say something nice DON'T say nothing at all!!! Hope the guys around the Chicago area are enjoying their blowers:D:D We are enjoying another big storm on an inch8D8D

THIS is what sets this site apart from others, and THIS is what protects us and the club, and THIS is what ensures the continued success of this site. THIS has nothing to do with others sites, nor any individual personalities. With THIS set of principles, WE are well on our way; and WE must be vigilant in preserving what is afforded us by THIS. CONSTITUTION AND BY-LAWS SIMPLICITY AND ALLIS - CHALMERS GARDEN TRACTOR CLUB http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=42753 . (btw - it's an easier read than I initially thought). .