Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

garage door and snow cab

perry

just wondering how many of you'all have a garage door opener in the snow cab ?. i for one have a hard time getting in and out of the cab . once im in its nice to open and close the garage door from inside the cab. my garage is heated so the door get's shut as soon as i pull out. ^
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/cab1001.jpg[/img]

I usually put my opener out of my car in my carhart pocket with the button out. Just a push through the pocket and away it goes. Did you get alot of that snow yesterday Perry?

I have one on the key ring of the tractor Other wise tractor would shut off when I opened door by hand And shop is heated also

quote:
Originally posted by Blazerjeepman3
I should say tractors!!!
ya i was thinking a remote on all the tractors would be ideal :D. maybe mount them behind steering wheel area under the back lip of the hood on a FDT. i leave the one remote hanging in the cab. forgot to take it out when i hung it up for storage last spring. we got looks to be about 3" last night. getting ready to go plow soon. dang cold out this morning.

Ya I take my opener out with me in the cold weather. I would say I have about 4 inchs out in the drive. This will be the first time of the year I will be having to use my blower. I was sorta wishing I would get by with out it but Not a chance there lol. I am going to wait awhile to do it. Since I know that there is no gas in the 916 with blower and no fuel in a can. Not off to a good start here at all but it could get worse .

I've never used on on the tractor...I typically back in to 'choke up' on my first few passes out and away from the garage.

Have a key fob in the cab if I need to open. But since I park in the outbuilding, and has me as the Armstrong lift, do not use it often. But if I need to chase in for a cup of coffee works well.

Ditto Perry...I have an extra remote mounted in the cab (heated shop & the cab is a bit tight to be gettin in & out of needlessly)sm01 We finally got our first real snowfall here in NW Indiana this Fri. the 20th...made for some fun "seat time" or "cab time"

I carry one around in my pocket, just incase I blink and a garage magically appears beside the house! Yeah, a wee bit jealous...

A person could carry a cell phone and when you want to return to the garage,call the wife and have her come out and open the door.}:)}:) On second though it's really not a good idea.:D

quote:
Originally posted by rpickle
I carry one around in my pocket, just incase I blink and a garage magically appears beside the house! Yeah, a wee bit jealous...
Thats funny:D:D The magic part, not the jealous part;) I feel for you, it took me 26 years and two houses to get a garage.

• 2 weeks later...