Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B206 Allis

steve-wis

I just bought an Allis B206 from a club member (bear). Don't have it home yet but do have a picture. My question is about the paint colors. Here is a pic of the one I just bought,,,

and here is the picture from the brochure for the B206 from the simpletractor site,,,,,

I am guessing the one I bought is a newer model than the one in the brochure, but not sure. Bear is pretty sure the paint is original on the one I bought. Anyone have any more info about this tractor? It is really cute, a 6 hp, 26 inch deck, with three speeds forward and electric start. Should be a fun one to play with! Steve

Hey Steve, I recognize that barn! Did he show you his whole collection? That is quite the place he has there. I ran down last weekend and picked up a parts B-10 and a B-1.

Steve; Your B206 is the same vintage as the early Homesteader tractors.Paint is correct. I have one of the earlier yellow B206's.You can find a pic in the Homesteader part of ST. Dave

I think the Allis built tractors in the early 70's from the Lexington plant were orange and cream. My B-207E and 312 were both built at Lexington and have that paint scheme.

I have a parts manual for a Homesteader 6 (same thing). I used to have one but it just wasnt practicle. Fun little tractors though

dOd Steve, I have the 6/7 hp. Homesteader parts manual on pdf. It appears to be the same tractor. If you would like a copy PM me your email. Dave.