Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Question about deck paints????

jmhusby

I know most are still dealing with snowblowers yet, unfortunately we are getting about an inch if we get any, but I want to get something for the deck on my Prestige, its new. Did a search for deck paints and only came up with Hotrods Line-X plus someone mentioned Por-15. There were several posts on the subject last Summer on the various boards and one gentleman mentioned a special paint he uses with good results and it was over $30 a quart. Unfortunately I don't remember which board and I took good notes but my notes got lost in the shuffle. My search techiques aren't the greatestXX(XX(

I use a good quality rubberized auto undercoating with good results. About 8 bucks for a large aerosol can. The type that gets hard like paint is the best.

love my linex.. but have to strip deck to do it. I would do it again. Rustoleum hammered is good but not sure it would hold up. On the underside not much can survive. I would like to try to do a stainless steel liner or plastic mold...but that's high dollar talk

quote:
Originally posted by hotrodtractor
love my linex.. but have to strip deck to do it. I would do it again. Rustoleum hammered is good but not sure it would hold up. On the underside not much can survive. I would like to try to do a stainless steel liner or plastic mold...but that's high dollar talk
Why do you have to strip the deck? Don't truck bed liners get sprayed over paint on new trucks?

quote:
Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy
Is the deck rustfree and you are looking to seal the underneath? Not quite sure what the question is.
Its a new never used deck.

I have restored a few cars and used Por15 on the chassis. Its a very tough , hard setting paint and holds up extremely well.Brushed on it levels nicely. Once opened you will need to keep it in the fridge. Love the stuff.

I use the Rustoleum bedliner coating in the quart can and brush it on(two coats)on my Kubota deck and also on the restored deck on the 3210v.