Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AllisT811 I think...? Pricing info.?

scrapper

A guy on Craigs list has an Allis T811 I think he says it needs some TLC the picture looks good. Front drive belt, also it needs the solenoid that goes between battery and starter. hes asking 300$ firm. only implement that it comes with is the mower deck. It sounds like a good deal what do you guys think? I would appreciate some feed back. Reason I'm interested in it is for the simplicity I already have is a 7012 so I guess it would either be just a mowing machine or if it's to far whipped would this be a good price for a parts machine. I truthfully would also just think it would be cool if I had the allis equivalent to my simplicity. It looks very similar except for the allis's 11 horse briggs and my simplicity 12horse Kohler. Other than that they are very close. What do you guys think. I'm I weird for wanting the equivalent, is this a good price,???

Almost no parts will swap between the T-811 and the 7012. The T-811 is a small frame tractor with a vertical shaft engine and no center gearbox. It is a fine lawn tractor but if you're looking for a parts machine or an equivalent to your 7012, this tractor is NOT it. The equivalent to your 7012 would be an AC 712. I wouldn't say you're weird, its perfectly normal to want more tractors^

Hey Nick, I see he dropped it to $250 this morning. If you're interested he might take less. He's had it on there for a couple of weeks and I think he started asking $600. I have a T-816 and find it to be quite reliable. But like chris said, it is a small tractor.

Like Chris727 said - hardly any parts available on the T811. The 811 is NOT a GARDEN TRACTOR - your 7012 is a true garden tractor with horizontal shaft engine. The 811 is basically an LT = lawn tractor with belt drive, light frame, and vertical shaft engine - it's made for mowing ONLY. Your 7012 will accept a full range of attachments - the 811 = forget about it. It is not even close to being a good parts tractor. Any of these would be ideal - Simplicity 7012, 7014, 7016,or even a twin, or a hydro, or geared tractor would work. Also AC's - 712, 716, or similar twins, hydros, geared, etc. My original 716H was a plain jane with a busted deck. My parts tractor 716-6speed geared came with a working deck, a snowblower, a blade of sorts, chains, and a dump trailer - but NO MOTOR - complete tractor, no motor, just add motor to restore. I have stolen lights, wires, chains, and a drag link off it, also a front-pto engagement lever, and also used as reference comparison for information sake. And I am still on the lookout for a replacement engine. Also the BGB will fit if needed. Full set of tires, rims, brake, mower belt tensioner, front steering parts, sheet metal, etc tons of stuff will fit. Your ideal is a socalled "large frame" garden tractor - either 7000 or 700 series, Simp or AC. PERIOD. As for the 811 - maybe $100, sounds rough - both my tractors cost 250. in relatively good condition. I agree w the others here - keep looking. In a month or so, they will be everywhere. Also, not really sure, but possible that some Simp7100 /or AC900 series parts MIGHT work - others might know this better. Good to ask here first while you learn more. sm01 Another idea is a tractor scrap junk yard. Take your time, it will come to you. 8) EDIT - I said 100 above - maybe it's worth 300; but needs work? My thought is What else? - those items mentioned are standard maintenance, which indicates other maintenance maybe not done. But for an LT, I would choose the 811 over anything crapsman, for sure. Bottom line, I don't want one, and it's not what you are seeking. EDIT more - methinks perhaps you don't YET fully realize the potential of the beast you already have. Surprise, it's a beast.! sm03

I would disagree with the idea that is is only a lawn mower. I have an Allis 810GT. It mows, blows snow, tills the garden, and will pull a 10 inch plow this spring. Yes, they are built a bit lighter than the large frames, but they are very versatile and useful tractors. Mine is a 1977 and still going strong after 35 years, so light duty they ain't! Of course, jmho. Steve

Thanks again guys, Yeah Grahm I got pretty lucky cause, that tractor was on craigslist before I bought this one I have ... I'm slowly learning though thanks to you guys.. the models you mentioned in your post I'll be keepin an eye out for now. It had me fooled, not knowing any better it looked very similar. I'm just getting the hang of the numbers so I really couldn't tell. I'm glad I mentioned it to you guys thanx again for all the help it means a lot, me being so green to all this. I'm havin fun though even If I can't get my headlights workin yet. I think the louisville slugger wrench is gonna come out soon on then... just joking I couldn't do that to a family memeber. LOL}:)XX(

quote:
Originally posted by steve-wis
I would disagree with the idea that is is only a lawn mower. I have an Allis 810GT. It mows, blows snow, tills the garden, and will pull a 10 inch plow this spring. Yes, they are built a bit lighter than the large frames, but they are very versatile and useful tractors. Mine is a 1977 and still going strong after 35 years, so light duty they ain't! Of course, jmho. Steve
I apologize, Steve: I came down a little heavy there. Main idea was that it's not the parts tractor he needs. Thanks for standing up for your rig. I did not know it was that capable. My bad. Peace.

Hey Mystik, no problem at all, was just stating my experiences. If I were not living in the middle of a 68000 population city, I would probably have a large frame as well. As it is, the Allis 810 is too big to mow lawn, I have a 616 yeoman for that. The tiller only runs for about 10 minutes a year (25 foot long flower garden for my Sweetie) next to the sidewalk. Blowing snow is its main job and it does great for that. Peace back at ya! Steve